Active Users:209 Time:13/05/2024 04:38:08 AM
So my supervisor just put in his notice soilent brad Send a noteboard - 05/06/2010 01:07:08 AM
And I don't know what I'm going to do, kind of on the fence about it. But I suppose I've only got a couple options.

I can stick with what I have, a guaranteed 24 hours per week and whatever other hours I can get during. And then I can hope that whoever gets the job likes me and decides to keep me around.

Or, I can apply for the job. If I don't get it, see above. If I do... on the up side: $1 raise, 40 hours per week, regular hours (8-4), get to see the hot girl from work * Tuesday-Friday (unless her Monday next week becomes a regular thing). On the down: a couple people who like to talk entirely too much but they have enough weight to get anyone they want fired, the evening guard (he applied the last time the position was open, and didn't react well when he didn't get it), the loss of the alone time I get on my weekend shifts that gives me uber-productive writing (as opposed to alone time elsewhere, where my mind races yet I write little to nothing).

The asterisk side-note: On the "hot girl from work", seeing her every day is just an understatement. Because of her job, she has to come up to reception a lot. Now, it's possible that it was because there was contest over that weekend, and she didn't have a chance to get the prizes in order in time, but the last time I covered my supervisor's shift (last week), she was up here ten or fifteen times in 6 hours.

*sigh* And I blew my chance today. I was doing my patrol, and I heard her saying bye to one of the girls in her office. If I'd stopped and waited 30 seconds, I could have caught her. But, she said she's working Sunday, too. If I wuss out then, I'll have to ... I don't know.

Anyways. Suggestions?
soilent brad is PEOPLE!

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = EM2C <-- Define it!

"Uh...we don't support the Hannah Montana empire."
- My 6 year old niece
Reply to message
So my supervisor just put in his notice - 05/06/2010 01:07:08 AM 505 Views
next time you see the hot girl, push her up against the wall and kiss her dramatically? *NM* - 05/06/2010 01:59:16 AM 228 Views
Not what I was asking suggestions for - 05/06/2010 02:03:55 AM 284 Views
Apply. What's the harm? - 05/06/2010 05:48:59 AM 333 Views
Yeah, that's true - 05/06/2010 05:59:14 AM 264 Views

Reply to Message