Terms and Conditions of use
- These Conditions
- Permitted and Prohibited Uses
- Displaying Site Content
- Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Rights in the Site
- About the accuracy of the Site Information
- Further information about our liability to you
- Service Interruption and Viruses
- Applicable Law
In these terms and conditions when we refer to "we" we mean ReadAndFindOut.com. Our email address is email@example.com. The words "us", "our" etc. will be construed accordingly. When we refer to "you" we mean the user and/or browser of this web site (the "Site").
You are reading the terms and conditions for use of this Site. These terms and conditions make a legally binding contract between us and you. Your acceptance of these terms and conditions is automatically and irrevocably made by you using the Site and takes effect from your first use of the Site (or any part thereof).
If you do not accept these terms and conditions or have any objection to any part of them you should stop using the Site immediately.
We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and conditions from time to time which will take effect from the date of posting of such changes on the Site. Your continued use of the Site will mark your acceptance of any changes to the terms and conditions. These terms and conditions were last updated on 22nd August 2011.
We may from time to time display additional terms and conditions on the Site, for example in connection with a specific promotion or in connection with the sale of specific goods or services. If the terms and conditions for use of the Site should conflict in any way with such additional terms then the additional terms will prevail.
This Site is intended for the lawful use of members of the general public who are over the age of 16 years. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use and view this Site and the information thereon, including without limitation, all text, design, graphics, drawings, photographs, video clips, music and sounds, and all trade marks, (collectively, the "Content"), solely for your own personal use, provided, however, that you may not, nor may you allow others to, directly or indirectly:
- Sell, license, rent, reproduce, modify or attempt to modify or create derivative works from the Content in any other way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, transmit or distribute or otherwise use the Content for any public or commercial purpose, including without limitation use of the Content on any other website or in any environment of networked computers;
- Transfer the Content to any other person without our prior written explicit consent;
- Use this Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair this Site;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit or distribute on this Site any items, including without limitation computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, backdoor, shutdown mechanism or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or computer programs;
- Interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, this Site or any Services, system resources, accounts, servers or networks connected to or accessible through this Site or associated or linked sites;
- Infringe on any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any person, or impersonate any other person without our prior written explicit consent;
- Disrupt or interfere with any other person's use or enjoyment of this Site or associated or linked sites;
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic program or device, or manual process to monitor, copy, summarise, or otherwise extract information from this Site of the Content in whole or in part;
- Use or attempt to use another's account, password, service, system or other information without our prior written consent;
- Transmit on, to or from this Site spam, chain letters, junk mail or any other type of unsolicited mass email;
- Upload to, distribute to, or otherwise disseminate through this Site any material or information of any kind that is threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, fraudulent, deceptive, abusive, or otherwise violates any law or infringes or violates any rights of any other person or entity, or contains a solicitation of funds, advertising, or a solicitation for goods or services;
- Attempt to obtain unauthorised access to this Site or portions of this Site which are restricted from general access; or
- Use our website in any way which brings us into disrepute.
We do not permit the display of any web pages which form part of the Site or Site Information in any html frame unless we have expressly authorised such display in writing.
For the purposes of these terms and conditions the expression "Site Information" means the images, graphics, photographs, text, animations, videos, applets, computer programs, computer code and scripts operating within, or which form part of, the Site, which have not been uploaded to the Site by you.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright, trade marks, service marks, database rights and trading names) in the Site Information are owned by us. We may publish photographs, images or text on the Site in which the copyright is not owned by us. Where this is done, and where practicable, we acknowledge the copyright owner.
You may view the Site Information in a web browser for private browsing purposes only. Copying the Site Information into a computer cache or storage device for private on or off-line browsing purposes is also permitted. You may not make a copy of the Site Information or any part of it for any other purpose without our prior written consent, which may be granted at our sole discretion (or where we do not own the copyright, we will direct you to the owners themselves for such consent (where reasonably practicable)). Furthermore, and without prejudice to the foregoing, you are not permitted to use, display or otherwise incorporate the Site Information into any web page which does not form part of the Site by hypertext link, or by any other means other than copying, without our prior written consent. Nothing in these terms and conditions or on the Site constitutes a licence to use or copy the Site Information.
You retain the copyright to any original information that is uploaded to the Website by you. You should not upload information for which you do not hold the copyright without first either obtaining written permission from the copyright holder, or providing an attribution to the copyright holder.
The Site Information is provided "as is" and we make no representation, endorsement or warranty as to its accuracy or completeness. We will not be liable for any action taken (or not taken) in reliance upon the Site Information and such action is taken entirely at your own risk. We reserve the right to make changes to the Site Information to correct any errors or omissions (at our discretion) without notice and without liability to you.
External websites to which we provide hypertext links are not under our control and we take no responsibility and shall not be liable in any way for their content.
It is a feature of the Site that some of the Site Information is contributed to us by different third parties and we do not control those parties or their information. Opinions expressed within the Site Information are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent our opinions.
The Site, like any other, is susceptible to cyber-squatting, spoofing and vandalism. We do not accept any responsibility for, nor liability in respect of any losses arising from, or information which appears on the Site as a result of, such actions.
Where the operation of the Site depends on the input of information by you, the service provided by us depends on, and varies according to, the accuracy of such inputted information. We can therefore accept no responsibility for, nor any liability in respect of, the input of inaccurate information to the Site by you and/or any third parties.
In the unlikely event that you find any inaccurate information on the Site or have any complaint about what we have published please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate on receipt and take such action which we, in our sole discretion, determine as being appropriate having regard to all the circumstances.
To the fullest extent lawfully possible, we exclude all liability to you in contract or in delict. We also exclude liability to you for any loss of profits, business, contracts, revenue, anticipated savings, goodwill, loss of or damage to data, or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever arising, including but not limited to business interruption. Without prejudice to the foregoing, our entire liability to you in connection with the use of the Site shall be limited to £1. By using the Site, you agree that this limitation is in all respects fair and reasonable.
Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms and conditions, nothing in these terms and conditions shall, or shall be construed as purporting to, exclude or restrict liability in respect of death or personal injury for breach of duty arising in the course of business or from the occupation of business premises.
While we will make every effort to ensure that this website is free of viruses and that access is provided continuously or free of faults, it is technically impossible to provide a website free from interruptions and (except to the extent that interruptions are caused by our negligence) we make no guarantees that this website will be free from interruptions or viruses. As a consequence and in common with most web publishers we take no responsibility for service interruption or the transmission of viruses or other malicious computer code through the Site.
In addition, we may need to carry out maintenance of the Site from time and, in doing so, we will attempt to keep disruption to the Site to a minimum. We will not be held responsible for any damage to your computer or any of your property as a result of browsing this Site or of downloading any of the files on the Site.
These terms and conditions are governed by Scots law and you agree that any dispute between us in relation thereto shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.