Active Users:191 Time:18/05/2024 08:10:58 PM
Re: The MLB All-Star Break and Trade Deadline are right around the corner. Mossman Send a noteboard - 22/06/2010 10:38:32 PM
As of this moment, the top 3 teams in baseball, all of baseball, reside in the A.L. East.

Umm, the Braves just took two of three from one of those "top teams." I know, our record is 1/2 game worse than theirs, but I'm just saying...

1. How do you think things are going to look at the break?

AL
East- Yankees, Sox, and Rays duking it out. Yankees looking to add a couple of pieces. Sox maybe a deal for PR reasons, but sticking with their team. Same with the Rays.

Central- Twins holding steady in the lead, shopping for a back-end reliever. ChiSox are charging hard and will look to deal in order to stay in it.

West- Rangers trying hard to get Oswalt. Angels are in it. A's are out of it.

NL
East- Braves get Jurrjens back, shopping for an outfield bat, probably not willing to give up enough to get what they need. Phillies enjoying the return of Rollins, shopping for a pitcher or two. Mets in the market for any upgrade. Nats pretend to be a contender until right at the trade deadline, then get a little younger for a future run. Marlins stand pat, blame Freddie Gonzalez.

Central- Cards and Reds duking it out, but no major trades. Cubs pretend to be contenders for a bit longer. Astros and Pirates start selling.

West- Rockies coming on strong. Dodgers looking to add but restricted by the ownership situation. Padres do nothing until the week before the trade deadline, waiting to see if they're still contenders. D-backs are selling. Giants want to improve, but need to keep building the farm system.

2. Which teams do you feel are limping into the break?

Phillies, but they'll come together. The Cubs, because they suck. Reds, Dodgers, and Rays have not played well the last couple of weeks.

3. Which teams have disappointed you this half?

I thought the D-backs and Brewers would be better than they are. Not a lot better, but better.

4. Which teams have surprised you?

Padres, Nationals, Mets, Blue Jays, Reds, Braves.

5. How big do you think the trade deadline will be and who do you think will move?

Not too big. I think there are too many teams close enough to wild card contention that the pool of available players is smaller than past years. Also, contenders are moving toward holding on to their good young players.

I think Oswalt moves for sure. Seems like Adam LaRoche gets traded every year as well. Pirates might trade Octavio Dotel. Astros would love to trade Pedro Feliz if anyone would take him. Hearing rumors of Dan Uggla to the Rockies. Royals will try to find a taker for Guillen. Orioles will trade Ty Wigginton and Kevin Millwood. Will talk about trading Brian Roberts, but won't. Would laugh to see Cliff Lee go back to the Phillies, but he'll probably be a f-ing Yankee.

6. Who's going to the playoffs this season?

Yankees, Twins, Rangers, Red Sox

Phillies, Cards, Rockies, Braves

7. Last, who's taking it all?

Yankees. They can buy whatever they need.

8. Isn't baseball so much more exciting than the World Cup?

At least they don't have vuvuzelas (except for the Marlins).
Reply to message
The MLB All-Star Break and Trade Deadline are right around the corner. - 22/06/2010 07:07:45 PM 362 Views
Re: The MLB All-Star Break and Trade Deadline are right around the corner. - 22/06/2010 07:23:23 PM 379 Views
Re: The MLB All-Star Break and Trade Deadline are right around the corner. - 22/06/2010 10:38:32 PM 571 Views

Reply to Message