Active Users:354 Time:05/05/2024 07:07:52 PM
Lay off! House sitting for Kuke isn't easy! jiggy Send a noteboard - 29/07/2010 08:31:01 PM
I did it once, never again. I kept a diary of it...think I've got it here somewhere...

Day 1

Kuke just left, before he went he gave me a list of things to remember. I’ll write them down here so I don’t forget:

• Water the roses in the garden.

• Some of Kuke’s friends are coming on Wednesday (today’s Monday) to pick up some things, they should be in and out in 5 minutes.

• Food is in the kitchen, eat anything I like.

• Don’t sleep in Kuke’s bed (why would I do that?)

• Kuke gave me a small envelope with more instructions inside, not to be opened until Thursday. (Feels like there’s something inside, too.)

• Kuke will be back on Friday.

• With regards to the third point on that list, I checked every cupboard and they’re all stuffed with different flavours of crisps, nothing else! How am I going to survive on just crisps? This place is pretty remote, but I’ll see if I can find a shop tomorrow. Honestly, even the freezer is full of Wotsits. I hate Wotsits, so I guess I don’t have to worry about them.
    On another note, one of the upstairs rooms has a herd of sheep in it! I asked Kuke about it before he left and he said he “had an idea for a sitcom”. It sounded pretty good, actually.
    Bed now.
    Dinner tonight: Cheese and onion.

Day 2

For what I promise you is the first time in my life, I woke up with a sheep in my bed! I couldn’t believe it, all the sheep got out of their room! Kuke is going to kill me! They were absolutely everywhere, eating everything! (They left the crisps, though.)
    I couldn’t get them back into the room (how on Earth did Kuke manage that?) but I think I managed to get all of them out of the house.
    Didn’t have a chance to look for a shop.
    Forgot to water the roses.
    Dinner tonight: Salt and vinegar.

Day 3

The sheep was in my bed, AGAIN! I definitely kicked it out of the house this time. Kuke’s bloody friends finally arrived (at like 10PM). They are so LOUD and RUDE! It’s 3AM now and they still haven’t left. Earlier, one of them broke the TV. Kuke is really going to kill me now!
    I can hear them downstairs, but I’m too tired to care. I’ve barricaded the door to the spare room and I’m going to bed.
    Skipped dinner.

Day 4

Kuke’s friends were gone by the time I woke up. Barely slept. They left the door open so the sheep got back in. Oh yeah, the sheep was in my bed again, don’t know how it got into my room.
    Kuke’s friends took all the crisps except for a pack of ready salted and the Wotsits in the freezer. I really hate those guys.
    Today's Thursday, so I opened Kuke’s envelope, it had a key inside and a piece of paper with “Don’t forget to feed the fish” written on it. Tried it on all the doors, finally found the right one. It’s day 4, so all the fish were already dead. Kuke’s back tomorrow. I’m going to kill Kuke.
    Dinner tonight, fish and ready salted crisps.

Day 5

No sign of Kuke. I’ve taken to sleeping in the bath tub because there’s a lock on the door. When I woke up, the sheep wasn’t with me. It was in the bed again. Maybe that’s it’s bedroom?
    Went outside. Roses are dead, couldn’t find a shop.
    Dinner tonight: Frozen Wotsits.

Day 6

Still no Kuke. Can hear the sheep moving around downstairs. Maybe there never was a Kuke? Maybe whoever lives here is Kuke? Am I Kuke?
    Watered the roses. Fed the fish.
    Dinner tonight: Frozen Wotsits. 5 Packs. They’re good.

Day 7

Day 8

Am I Kuke?

Day 9

I’ve got this idea for a sitcom with sheep. It’s gonna be rad! I’ll tell you about it later, though. The roses are starting to look really good, but the fish are a bit quiet. I made a new TV today, made it with my MIND. It’s IN my mind.
    I’m gonna go look for some more sheep. I’ll ask the guy I live with. He probably knows loads of sheep. Oh, yeah, he’s a sheep. But it’s cool, I don’t get in his way and he doesn’t get in mine.
    Oh yeah, I’ve got to remember to give the sheep my share of the rent.
    Anyway, picked up my guitar today to write a new song and then it hit me: I don’t know how to play! And then it hit me: Maybe no one knows how to play. The new song is excellent, it’s called “no one knows how to play guitar, maybe I should teach them.”
    See you tomorrow!

Day 10

Kuke came back. I guess I’m not Kuke.
    Kuke was mad I touched his guitar, but liked my song. I don’t care. Said goodbye to the sheep, went home.
    Dinner tonight: Frozen Wotsits. They really are good.

*MySmiley*_________jiggY,
    ~Life's a puzzle. Go figure.

_
    nigelgoboom: "Whatever poopster..."
    Reply to message
    Dear Kuke - 28/07/2010 03:55:59 PM 603 Views
    *waives* - 28/07/2010 04:10:56 PM 389 Views
    Maybe the pigeon who dreamt he was Kuke woke up. *NM* - 28/07/2010 08:40:22 PM 171 Views
    Perhaps... - 28/07/2010 08:57:57 PM 371 Views
    Out Of Office Reply. - 28/07/2010 07:14:51 PM 531 Views
    At least he's trying! - 28/07/2010 11:22:07 PM 374 Views
    Dude, we can do that here?! - 29/07/2010 04:55:10 AM 368 Views
    Re: Dude, we can do that here?! - 29/07/2010 11:29:11 PM 304 Views
    Lay off! House sitting for Kuke isn't easy! - 29/07/2010 08:31:01 PM 426 Views
    *NM* - 30/07/2010 02:45:56 AM 144 Views
    Awesome. *NM* - 30/07/2010 02:35:18 PM 164 Views
    ! - 31/07/2010 12:13:52 AM 326 Views

Reply to Message