Active Users:183 Time:18/05/2024 02:55:24 PM
New Year's Resolutions @my Send a noteboard - 20/03/2011 04:59:51 PM
Yes ye, I know it's not January 1st, and I don't care. I'm talking here about NY's resolutions that you actually follow thru on, and I think March is as good a time as any for that :D

3 years or so ago, I decided that my New Year's resolution was going to be finding the people in my life that made a difference in my life, who helped shape me (if you will), and TELL them that they did so. And it has taken a while, but I found every person from my past who helped me along (without necessarily knowing it) and told them. (I didn't tell one person, because sadly she passed).

So THIS year my new year's resolution was to focus on building a single body of work in Photography, and to have a show.

Well, plans changed a bit, because it's not of my already made work, BUT I've booked a show in mid-June featuring only one photographer - ME.

Needless to say I am very, very happy. It's not what I had originally planned, and for that reason I'm keeping on that track (to have a show featuring my compositional photography), BUT I'm still very excited that I'm having my own show.

So.. after that book :D I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Have you ever made a new year's resolution that you've actually KEPT?

2. What was it?

3. Did you find that the resolution you kept was different than the usual "I'll lose weight/quit smoking" resolutions that so many people make?

4. Why do you think that this resolution was more successful?

Happy Sunday :)
Amy
formerly known as Amyrlin

Btw I miss you too ~ K.B. 1971-2006
This message last edited by @my on 20/03/2011 at 07:51:49 PM
Reply to message
New Year's Resolutions - 20/03/2011 04:59:51 PM 345 Views
Hm. - 20/03/2011 08:02:29 PM 283 Views
Amen to the "help" - 20/03/2011 08:11:39 PM 233 Views

Reply to Message