Active Users:184 Time:18/05/2024 02:24:01 PM
I'm only using you to procrastinate! Brooklynn Send a noteboard - 18/07/2011 06:21:15 AM
I figured I haven't been on this site in... well heck a long time! Since I've already refreshed my facebook a dozen times, already seen the episode of criminal minds playing on t.v and have no intention of writing any more of my essay I figured I would stop by and say hi.

Also, although I'm sure this topic has already been discussed, if not here then on Wotmania, I would like to pose a question to ya'll. My essay is on the topic of prostitution and substance abuse. I'm supposed to be looking at research that talks about the sociological variables associated with these activities, the extent to which they are truly "victimless", and then I get to give my opinion on whether or not I think these acts should be criminal.

I'm interested in whether you guys think that prostitution and or drug use should be criminalized. In Canada it is not actually illegal to be a prostitute however it is illegal to communicate for the purposes of soliciting sex or to run a "bawdy house". So basically it's kinda difficult to be a prostitute around here! As for drug use, it is very dependent on where you are, some provinces are a little less strict, I'm of the opinion that certain drugs, mainly marijuana, may as well just be legal. Hell lets just solve our economic problems and legalize both prostitution and marijuana. I'm no economic major but I'm thinking we could probably make some serious tax revenue off of sex and drugs, then we could also regulate these activities making it much safer for those involved. Wouldn't that just be lovely?

So what do you guys think?
Reply to message
I'm only using you to procrastinate! - 18/07/2011 06:21:15 AM 682 Views
De-criminalisation - 19/07/2011 05:47:39 PM 361 Views
Wait, are you saying ALL marriage is prostitution, or simply that it CAN be? - 19/07/2011 10:04:30 PM 408 Views
simply that it CAN be - 20/07/2011 05:29:08 AM 389 Views
Just making sure. - 22/07/2011 01:30:52 AM 397 Views

Reply to Message