Active Users:170 Time:19/05/2024 12:08:57 AM
Do not shoot the messenger. Joel Send a noteboard - 19/02/2012 06:18:57 PM
A DNA test of Hitler's surviving relatives and of traces of Loret's DNA on some of his letters, conducted a few years ago, debunked that fully, that and the other pernicious myth that Hitler had a Jewish grandfather.

I knew of this legend back in the mid-1990s when I was a grad student whose area of study touched closely upon Hitler's era and the one historian who had postulated that Loret's claim might be true, Werner Maser, withdrew that claim by 1979.

Is the next post going to be about the discovery of the Illuminati and the dollar bill?

Only seven words of that (the link title) were mine, after all. I merely thought it would make an interesting topic of conversation, not knowing it was such a contentious issue. The Telegraph seemed reliable enough to start a CMB thread. Were I writing a book on the subject I certainly would have done more research than what goes into posting a casual thread in the wee hours of the morning on the way to bed.

I am actually more interested in how a DNA test proved Hitlers grandfather was not Jewish, since centuries before Hitlers birth there were already millions of Jews without a drop of Hebrew blood. A DNA test would probably show much of Israel is not Jewish. The test might be useful in the context of Hitlers ideas of racial purity, except those ideas were fallacious in the first place (and practically pointless in the '30s and '40s given that DNA had not been discovered yet, let alone DNA tests.)
Honorbound and honored to be Bonded to Mahtaliel Sedai
Last First in wotmania Chat
Slightly better than chocolate.

Love still can't be coerced.
Please Don't Eat the Newbies!

LoL. Be well, RAFOlk.
Be sure to yell at Ariana Huffington, too.
Reply to message
Hitler Had Son with French Teen - 19/02/2012 07:15:10 AM 1251 Views
I see you're still posting sensationalist bullshit without seeing if it's been debunked - 19/02/2012 08:33:36 AM 845 Views
<3 *NM* - 19/02/2012 08:59:14 AM 195 Views
Do not shoot the messenger. - 19/02/2012 06:18:57 PM 824 Views

Reply to Message