Active Users:233 Time:07/05/2024 01:47:04 AM
So I have a ballet taking shape. The_Muted_Grimaud Send a noteboard - 13/04/2012 05:02:07 PM
Just announcing here ... for the past month or so, I've been composing and gathering players to perform a ballet on May 15th. It's easily my most ambitious project, 8 players, 2 dancers, I'm conducting and there's a choreographer.

I pasted the story below, its titled "Lunar Mythology", and is basically a sort of mythological folk-tale related loosely to Pygmalion ideas. The piece itself is 8-9 minutes long, has 4 parts (each connecting with a 'phase' of the moon), and features two soloists (french horn and bassoon). I'm so looking forward to this project. It's actually costing me quite a bit of money, the choreographer I found is quite professional and agreed to do the choreography work for 200$, and I'm paying 50$ each for the players, and then I have to figure out the dancers compensation.

Definitely the biggest thing I've ever worked on.

In ancient times, a Folk God was worshipped who watched over the night. Awakening at sunset, he would watch, jealously, the sun fall below the horizon, and then look into the night sky, filled only with stars. He came upon an idea ... “What if I were to take these stars, and mold them together. My creation could rival the sun!” 
 And so he set about, collecting the stars and molding the Moon. When the Moon was perfected, like a discus thrower the Folk God would spin around and around, throwing it high into the sky. Then he would sit, admire, and fall in love with his creation.

However, what goes up must come down, and so with the Moon. During her descent, the stars of her composition would fly off, refilling the sky, the Folk God, desperate, would try to catch her and hold her together, until she disappeared from view.

Then he would mourn in the darkness, and finally sleep again.

Reply to message
So I have a ballet taking shape. - 13/04/2012 05:02:07 PM 632 Views
Wow. Just wow - 15/04/2012 04:30:58 PM 558 Views
I hope that you will film and post it. I would like to see it. *NM* - 24/04/2012 04:55:15 AM 557 Views

Reply to Message