Active Users:192 Time:18/05/2024 01:27:49 PM
I think this indicates our society has too much time or resources on its hands Cannoli Send a noteboard - 05/06/2012 05:01:07 PM
From a missing dog poster being circulated in my area:

Missing!!! Border Terrier "Robin"

"Robin was actually a seeing eye dog for the owners other Dachshund who was born with no eyes."

And in case you think maybe you are misreading that, further down on the poster, it states "Sidekick to a Dchshund who wa sborn with NO EYES!...Needless to say he is Lost without her!!!"

We apparently now have seeing eye dogs for dogs. A few years back I saw a TV ad for small business loans with supposed satisfied customers talking about how their businesses benefited from these loans. One such spokeswoman was an apparent veterinarian who was holding a dog on an examination table and telling the camera "We were able to afford a second MRI machine."

A "small business" veterinary practice has more MRI machines than some entire people hospitals in the shittier parts of the world. Which is pretty awesome as far as this country is concerned, at least as a mark of what we are capable of, but isn't getting the little monsters their own seeing-eye dogs a BIT over the top? I mean, MRI machines for pets are one thing, but I would think there is a line you draw at medical care. The dolphin prosthetic movie a while back flirted with that line, but there were implied to be human research applications, so I shrugged it off. A dog having its own dog though...
Cannoli
“Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” GK Chesteron
Inde muagdhe Aes Sedai misain ye!
Deus Vult!
*MySmiley*
Reply to message
I think this indicates our society has too much time or resources on its hands - 05/06/2012 05:01:07 PM 758 Views
Ridiculous - 07/06/2012 04:23:36 PM 468 Views
I don't disagree in general - 07/06/2012 04:52:40 PM 729 Views

Reply to Message