Active Users:184 Time:19/05/2024 06:36:57 PM
I agree with Cannoli, sadly. These officials are not much worse if at all. callandor1000 Send a noteboard - 26/09/2012 01:51:30 AM
Every year there are times refs blow games or major calls. The ones everyone wants back. I've actually been happy to not see those pieces of garbage this year. I personally would rather not see the other refs come back, period. I think they have in many years affected in a negative manor the integrity of the game and it is only now not a problem because we are seeing refs labeled (because they are) "replacements" doing the same terrible job the other ones were.

Your refusal to listen to the real reasons that the real refs need to be brought back (lack of understanding of the basic rules, lack of control of the game, etc) is just your style... you couldn't make an argument that might be construed as being pro-union if your life depended on it.

But now, with the Packers getting jobbed on Monday Night Football, the refs have cost a team the game. yeah, the regular refs might have made the same mistake, the basis of all your arguments has been that the refs haven't cost anyone a game yet. Now they have, in egregious, embarrassing form.

So what? If they cost a team a game (I find it hard any time to say that one call cost a team a game since they play 60 minutes of football)then that is not different than what happens occasionally with regular officials. Why are these replacement officials looking to be held to a higher standard by the general NFL fanbase?

If the Packers had played better offensively the rest of the game then it wouldn't get to that. Teams that have allowed a game to be super close then rely on the officials, replacements or regular, can not bitch about a botched call. They need to watch out for there balls, they're hanging below their god damn skirt.

The league needs to overturn that decision. They won't, it would be conceding defeat against the union and the NFL has already shown that they are willing to sacrifice the quality of their product in order to flex their financial muscles.

If the League overturns that decision then they better look at all the games the regular refs botched and overturn those calls accordingly. Fact is, that wouldn't work. Overturning this call won't either.

I personally have watched one game where I would say that the refs really and truly affected the outcome was Superbowl XL. Its funny that the Seahawks were involved in that as well. But the officials themselves have admitted to changing the outcome of that game with blown calls. How about we overturn that one? No?

But you are out of excuses. As of now.

The fact is there were never excuses. There was, is, and if the regular refs come back will continue to be evidence that the normal refs regularly deliver similar results which NFL fans complain about.

Your mom. That's right. The cat is out of the bag. Your mom.

My mind isn't always in the gutter, it just has VIP access
Reply to message
A good point regarding the replacement officials - 24/09/2012 02:55:12 PM 821 Views
You must not be watching the games - 24/09/2012 05:09:20 PM 387 Views
And there you have it. (Monday Night Football update.) - 25/09/2012 05:18:37 AM 378 Views
That was the right call. "Union" has nothing to do with it. - 25/09/2012 11:37:39 AM 493 Views
No, it was not. And yes, it does. - 25/09/2012 05:11:52 PM 320 Views
^This +1,000,000 *NM* - 25/09/2012 05:20:51 PM 189 Views
The replay officals are not replacements. Maybe Rodgers just isn't a clutch QB *NM* - 25/09/2012 11:44:29 AM 169 Views
Hmm? - 25/09/2012 05:01:26 PM 350 Views
Like DK I was being a smart ass - 25/09/2012 06:17:12 PM 359 Views
I agree with Cannoli, sadly. These officials are not much worse if at all. - 26/09/2012 01:51:30 AM 532 Views
I love the replacement refs - 26/09/2012 04:25:42 PM 335 Views

Reply to Message