Active Users:235 Time:20/05/2024 09:45:48 AM
Eh... so, what's up? Lews_TherinThelamon Send a noteboard - 26/01/2013 12:56:13 AM
Having reverted to my old lurking ways for almost a year now, I suddenly feel the urge to write something again (probably because I don't feel the same urge to write the damn play I really should be writing, since it's supposed to be finished in ten hours or so) so here I am.

Uh, yeah, so 2012 was a good year for me, mostly. I worked a lot, I moved 588 km south (according to google) and I went to Laos to look at trees that grow terribly much faster than here in Sweden and I helped directing a play which turned out really good and was great last thing to do before moving down (although I'm now writing most of the play for their "rival" student theatre company, which has been more complicated to do at a distance than I thought).

There's a lot more to say and share, of course, and I will with at least one of you (Ave) because she really deserves more updates from me (I'm a terrible friend). But, ehm, I have that play, so I'll keep it brief.

2013 looks to be an exciting year as well. I'm going to France and Spain in April for the final big university excursion during my studies, and I'm supposed to write my Master's thesis during the autumn. After that, who knows? Hopefully I'll get a job of some kind. If I'm lucky, it will be quite fun even.

Speaking of jobs, I might be on the verge to getting a part-time one in the army. It's hard to tell, since they were supposed to tell us yes or no in a week, and now it's been two, and an old acquaintance who also applied has already gotten his no, so either I'm forgotten or I'm trhough the first screening and now stuck in the Security Police's security check. Time will tell.

Otherwise, I'm excited to read A Memory of Light (I have had studies and this. damn. play. to prioritize) since I haven't yet. I've had it by the bed for two weeks now. But I'm a bit scared at the same time, since it will be the end of the journey that originally brought me to wotmania and here. Also, because I most likely will cry like a little baby during the final chapters to the great enjoyment of my girlfriend, who have yet to pick up the books. She has promised she will, unlike my mother, who is a hopeless case when it comes to any fantasy book.

Apart from these things, I'm aiming to finish most of my unfinished university courses this year (since they're needed in order for me to graduate properly) and to start writing for my own damn pleasure again.

So, what are you going to be up to 2013?
Reply to message
Eh... so, what's up? - 26/01/2013 12:56:13 AM 546 Views
Well, I won't have time to read aMoL either - 26/01/2013 03:16:58 PM 337 Views
Aamuja! *NM* - 27/01/2013 11:18:21 AM 148 Views
tj147 *NM* - 27/01/2013 12:14:06 PM 140 Views
Se on vuosi kunnes toisin todistetaan. *NM* - 27/01/2013 04:47:05 PM 146 Views
Waiting - 26/01/2013 03:51:29 PM 324 Views

Reply to Message