Active Users:205 Time:20/05/2024 02:12:02 AM
Content, content, content; some things Ben cannot fix, and are not his responsibility. Joel Send a noteboard - 12/08/2013 04:52:36 AM

View original post
I think Ben really needs a Klondike Bar...but what would he do for such a treat?

If the place is to survive as primarily a generic "books" site amid hundreds or thousands of others online, it could do with networking the HELL out of publishers and authors. Unfortunately, the problem there likely lies in most of them being too preoccupied with writing and publishing to devote much effort to RAFO, especially with, once again, hundreds of similar but far more heavily trafficked sites to promote their material.

Either way, RAFO needs the same thing that so long made wotmania a large healthy community constantly drawing far more new members than it lost to lifes changing circumstances: Many diverse, intelligent friendly members making intriguing, engaging and well thought out posts on a wide variety of interesting subjects, topical and otherwise, with as many or more diverse, intelligent friendly members responding with equally well thought out, engaging and intriguing responses, resulting in a wealth of interesting, informative and entertaining discussion that invites participation.

Not holding my breath; one thing RAFO has managed to preserve from wotmanias days is a membership that tends to expect Admins to do all the heavy lifting.

Honorbound and honored to be Bonded to Mahtaliel Sedai
Last First in wotmania Chat
Slightly better than chocolate.

Love still can't be coerced.
Please Don't Eat the Newbies!

LoL. Be well, RAFOlk.
Reply to message
What I think Ben really needs to improve this website - 03/08/2013 11:35:29 PM 614 Views
Yeah, currently this site is not #winning - 04/08/2013 07:44:10 AM 496 Views
Content, content, content; some things Ben cannot fix, and are not his responsibility. - 12/08/2013 04:52:36 AM 492 Views

Reply to Message