Active Users:393 Time:27/04/2024 11:57:54 AM
Yippie! (Ten and a half) Floffe Send a noteboard - 11/10/2013 12:11:06 PM

View original post1. This city is the most well-known from the series, and the setting for a large number of its books.

Morporkia, Morporkia! (with Ankh as well)
View original post2. This small kingdom in the Ramtops is home to numerous witches, one of whom authored an erotic cookbook titled “The Joye of Snackes”.

Gah, it eludes me. Let's see if I can get back to it as I go through the rest
View original post3. This vast, dark, and foreboding land has broken into numerous smaller states ruled by vampires, werewolves, and dwarves after the breakup of the Evil Empire.

Überwald
View original post4. This large nation, ruled from its capital of Al Khlai, is featured as one of the two disputants in the book Jingo and is the home of the character known as “71-hour Ahmed”.

Yeah... Not Ankh-Morpork.
View original post5. This ancient river kingdom is best known for its many pyramids.

And once more my memory lets me down.
View original postCharacters - Name that Character

View original post6. This corporal of the Night Watch carries a signed note by the ruler of his city certifying that he is, in all probability, a human. He is also a kleptomaniac.

Nobby Nobbs
View original post7. This merchant, who is known for his many adventurous and spectacularly unsuccessful business ventures typically sells meat pies in between his other doomed enterprises.

CMOT Dibbler (and his relatives elsewhere on the Disc)
View original post8. This witch is known and feared throughout her home in the Ramtops and beyond, and is an expert on Headology and “Borrowing”, a technique in which one puppets the body of an animal.

Granny Esmerelda Weatherwax
View original post9. This decidedly gaunt-appearing character has appeared in virtually every book in the series and takes customer service rather seriously in spite of rarely getting repeat business.

HE IS DEATH
View original post10. This wizard is the current in a long line of ill-fated Arch-Chancellors of Unseen University, and is well known for his love of crossbows and hunting.

Ridcully, but his first name eludes me
View original postBooks - Name that Book

View original post11. This book, the second one focusing on the Night Watch, revolves heavily around a string of crimes committed with a new and dangerous weapon.

Oh yeah, the gun. Let's see, it's not Guards, Guards! or Night Watch. Men at Arms?
View original post12. This book revolves around a confrontation between witches and some very genre-savvy vampires.

View original post13. This book tells the story of a young man who eventually falls in love with the daughter of the craftsmen he is apprenticed to.

Mort
View original post14. This book revolves around the efforts of a city’s Postmaster to switch that city from a gold standard, and hopefully make some money while he’s at it.

Making Money
View original post15. This Interesting volume tells the story of a very unskilled wizard who finds himself stuck in an ancient and vast empire in the middle of a very ineffectual rebellion.

May you live in Interesting Times</I>!
--- signature starts here ---

I am the Demon of Delightfulness and Sinister Smirkings!

e^(πi)+1=0
identity named after the Terry Pratchett of 18th century mathematics
Reply to message
Test Your Geekdom, Vol XIX: Discworld - 22/09/2013 03:35:51 PM 704 Views
The Answers - 22/09/2013 03:39:12 PM 621 Views
Five. - 22/09/2013 04:19:40 PM 507 Views
Only 13 *NM* - 22/09/2013 07:10:31 PM 367 Views
Instead of sleeping, I will try this - 23/09/2013 03:53:25 AM 562 Views
Woo, A+ - 23/09/2013 03:54:06 AM 530 Views
15/15, nicely done *NM* - 23/09/2013 03:59:43 AM 247 Views
Yippie! (Ten and a half) - 11/10/2013 12:11:06 PM 711 Views

Reply to Message