Active Users:306 Time:15/05/2024 10:22:44 AM
Re: You give me too much credit. Isaac Send a noteboard - 09/11/2013 12:45:24 AM

View original postI can see, and appreciate, your thoughts. And while reading them, I had to say that I kinda agree a bit more with you now. For me, President Obama's one major ability (that I've seen) is public address. (Note: I'm not counting the segment of the population who adore the man based on <insert something here> rather than his job performance) The man can speak. He sold the health care package on words. And one of those major talking points is that "if you have/like your health care, this doesn't effect you." Well, now it does.

He's a solid talker though strangely hot and cold, he fumbles speeches sometimes worse then Bush or Nixon then turns around and does another as well as Reagan or Kennedy. I don't think he ever sold the public on his solution to healthcare, merely sold them that there was a crisis in healthcare which wasn't a hard sell.

View original postAs for your talking points, I'm going to one-up you and say that there is plenty of ego. President Obama has displayed his ego on more than one occasion. He has a very lofty opinion of himself....and frequently enters into arenas for which he has no knowledge (site: multiple 1st term public blunders). I would also say that there's a degree of rose-tinted glasses here. And that tint is supplied by the media. But this would be a good evidence of the only thing the media like more than applauding their lord & savior is showing his mistakes.

They're not really talking points, but my personal assessment of the man. I don't love or hate him, or even particularly dislike him. I think he's well intentioned, which I suspect describes every president we've ever had, and vain, which I think describes most of them too. It doesn't bug me that he's egotistic or condescending, so am I, he's not a narcissistic megalomaniac and he's no worse than most senators or mega-corp CEO's, probably better than most. He sucks at play acting humble. As to his blunders, once we subtract those that we view as blunders from an ideological standpoint it really boils down to being overaggressive and ambitious early in his term then flipping to the exact opposite on several areas. He doesn't act minimally, he holds of, hesitating, and then goes for broke when finally prodded into action. It's a horrible if common trait in a leader. That's the only thing about him I don't like that doesn't boil down to 'not a republican'.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.
- Albert Einstein

King of Cairhien 20-7-2
Chancellor of the Landsraad, Archduke of Is'Mod
Reply to message
Obama crying like a little b....."Sorry" about screwing up your health care - 08/11/2013 03:26:01 AM 539 Views
Not that I'm an Obama fan.... - 08/11/2013 07:23:38 PM 292 Views
I think that's an overly generous interpretation - 08/11/2013 09:51:46 PM 308 Views
You give me too much credit. - 08/11/2013 11:16:16 PM 269 Views
Re: You give me too much credit. - 09/11/2013 12:45:24 AM 368 Views
Re: You give me too much credit. - 09/11/2013 01:22:03 AM 267 Views

Reply to Message