Active Users:213 Time:08/05/2024 03:25:01 PM
None of that takes anything away from the absurdity of Clinton's statement, though. Legolas Send a noteboard - 13/11/2013 11:31:14 PM

View original postThe damage from that promise will dwarf George H.W. Bush's "Read my lips - no new taxes" gaffe in the form of hard elections for Democrats everywhere in 2014. It's smarter to stab a lame duck President in the back and isolate him than see Democrats decimated in Congress.

Politically smarter, sure. I'm sure you'll allow me to be disgusted at an intelligent man like Clinton wilfully making asinine statements because he knows they'll play well politically, though.
View original postThe WSJ has said that over 5,000,000 people have lost their plans, and the best the Democrats can do is say, "Well, I'll bet they were bad plans", but most of the people losing them didn't think so. When you look at the lacklustre enrollment in Obamacare, particularly among the healthy and young (who are needed to even give the stupid thing a chance at working), it is clear that it is a major disaster. Smart Democrats are seeing that there is worse yet to come, as rates start rising despite the law.

It's certainly hard to fathom how they could have been so careless about the IT aspects of the whole thing. It's not at all obvious that things would have turned out well even with a perfectly functioning, user-friendly site (since the main issue is the one of plans that don't cover enough being cancelled, which would've happened regardless), but this is certainly turning it into a complete disaster.
View original postCombine that with weakness in foreign policy, a potential failure on Iran, and Obama's legacy will be a miserable one indeed.

We'll have to see what happens with Iran, it has the potential of being one of the few bright spots in his presidency - though it's rather debatable to what extent he deserves credit for it, if so. And it could still go very wrong, true.

Regardless, I don't disagree that Obama's legacy looks to be very poor. I do start to wonder if, after these two very polarizing presidents with two terms each in a row, the US can get back to something resembling functional politics with its next president, though. Obama was not a good choice; but can anyone who actually is a good choice still get elected, and if elected can he/she get anything decent done?

Reply to message
Bill Clinton takes Obama to task on his ACA lie - - 12/11/2013 05:18:24 PM 998 Views
What a ridiculous statement. - 12/11/2013 08:53:53 PM 635 Views
Change the law.....even Dems are starting to push for it. - 13/11/2013 03:16:32 AM 640 Views
I am not sure it is ridiculous but he does have a motive, he always does - 13/11/2013 02:47:31 PM 577 Views
Not really ridiculous at all. - 13/11/2013 08:43:34 PM 593 Views
Some democrats are supporting a fix to this that will clear Obamacare - 13/11/2013 09:00:22 PM 589 Views
None of that takes anything away from the absurdity of Clinton's statement, though. - 13/11/2013 11:31:14 PM 689 Views
We didn't watch the same video *NM* - 13/11/2013 04:45:25 AM 277 Views

Reply to Message