Active Users:177 Time:15/06/2024 06:51:44 AM
Re: There are a few strange parts in your post. But I agree with the main point. I think. Cannoli Send a noteboard - 13/09/2014 04:26:03 PM

I'm a little confused about this paragraph, particularly the "violently abusive" description of Janay Parker.
The point was that even if you take the most extremely favorable interpretation of his position, he still should not have been punching her. You don't want to get hit by a woman, don't date a woman who would hit you. Punching back is not the solution.

BTW, the specific details like "dragging her out of the elevator" annoy me every time they are brought up. He might be muscular, but he's still only 5'8". It's really awkward for a person that small to carry something the size of an adult human body, especially from a confined space. Said confined space also being a contributing factor to her being knocked unconscious. She struck her head in the elevator, which seems to have been a more likely cause than his hand. All that those details do is lend themselves to the notion that had she remained upright and walked out of the elevator under her own power, this whole thing would not be nearly as big a deal, when the fact is, he would have been just as wrong.

His wrongdoing was not in causing his fiancee to end up unconscious on the floor, it was in throwing a punch. The results (short of permanent injury, as appears to be the case here) are just details.

True. Your solution seems somewhat impractical,
Why? It's money they already had budgeted for the Rice family, as it were. If they can arbitrarily void their agreement with him on subjective criteria, why can't they simply redirect the money to a more appropriate party?
but the Baltimore Ravens and the NFL might try to make up their atrociously stupid PR earlier by donating a generous part of what would've been Ray Rice's earnings to some women's shelter or other domestic abuse charity.

I don't see why this is any more practical, while being more in the line of a token gesture.
Cannoli
“Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” GK Chesteron
Inde muagdhe Aes Sedai misain ye!
Deus Vult!
*MySmiley*
Reply to message
Janay Rice, we feel your pain & are your valiant champions! Now get a job. - 10/09/2014 12:37:53 PM 554 Views
There are a few strange parts in your post. But I agree with the main point. I think. - 11/09/2014 08:34:25 PM 263 Views
Re: There are a few strange parts in your post. But I agree with the main point. I think. - 13/09/2014 04:26:03 PM 348 Views
while I don't agree woth a good protion of your rant I do find the coverage of this a joke - 12/09/2014 06:35:11 PM 251 Views
Highly agree. Why isn't Chris Brown's career over? - 13/09/2014 04:46:32 PM 232 Views

Reply to Message