Active Users:282 Time:04/05/2024 03:43:55 AM
What happened to my Cthulu smileys? Cannoli Send a noteboard - 21/12/2014 05:03:39 AM

On the WoTMB, I have been working on a final edition of a project long dear to my heart. For illustrative purposes, I have been making extensive use of the smileys, with particular meanings associated with each one. Yet, when I went to make my latest post the other night, it looked like I had made a mistake, so I withheld it to proof-read the thing. Then I was unable to get back to it until now, where I see that all of a sudden, the Cthulu smiley is gone from the list. Not only is it off the list, but some of the previous uses of it have disappeared, rendering the illustrations in the two of the other five previously posted portions suddenly a lot more confusing, though it remains in the first few posted.

Interestingly enough, the Cthulu smiley was made with a colon and two " { " brackets. Now that it is non-functional, colon-bracket-bracket appears as the Egwene smiley, followed by a bracket. The Egwene smiley codes is a colon and a single bracket, so every time someone used a Cthulu smiley, it has been replaced by the relevant extant code. According to the powers that be on this site, the difference between an inhumanly evil being and Egwene is a simple punctuation mark. Egwene, by their smiley codes, is a lesser form of Cthulu.

As appropriate as the symbolism is, however, I am curious if this is going to be a permanent change. Do I need to go back and substitute a working smiley in all those posts?

Cannoli
“Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” GK Chesteron
Inde muagdhe Aes Sedai misain ye!
Deus Vult!
*MySmiley*
See what I mean?
Reply to message
What happened to my Cthulu smileys? - 21/12/2014 05:03:39 AM 535 Views
- 24/12/2014 05:51:01 PM 596 Views
Awesome, thanks. *NM* - 01/01/2015 03:05:10 AM 167 Views

Reply to Message