Active Users:304 Time:04/05/2024 06:15:23 PM
So I'm terrified... Jeordam Send a noteboard - 13/01/2015 10:27:23 PM

I'm in the process of buying my own place. A first for me...and its terrifying. So my finance/lender guy knows all of my dirty little (financial) secrets. That was fun....I'm not a good one for keeping personal paperwork (I shred things fanatically). But now that the pre-approval thing is under control...now we look at places that are within my price point.

yay

So here's a list of my criteria that my brother (we live together) and I have. Must have two bedrooms. Must have at least two full bathrooms. Must have laundry capability/hook-ups in the unit (not sharing with others). So not that bad when it came to criteria. Bonus points for carpet in the bedrooms, gas range in oven, and HOA fees that aren't completely unreasonable.

#1 : Nice bedrooms and the full bathrooms were good. Kitchen good. Attached garage good. Really bad living room. Too expensive. HOA too expensive

#2 : Bedrooms were ok. Bathrooms were ok. Too much road noise. No garage. Washer & dryer within one arm's reach of stove...boo. Good price. HOA was ok.

#3 : Smelled like a cat had pee'ed all over the place. Huge square footage. Mostly good kitchen, but the fridge was in a weird place. The stairs to go up to the bedrooms were seriously narrow (how do I get stuff up there?) Master bedroom good sized. Master bath ok. Other bedroom was completely trashed (all walls would have to be redone). Other bedroom had a "European" shower, or a wash pit as I called it. Total deal breaker. No garage, but assigned parking spaces in a structure that basically says "rape me" just by parking in it. Price was ok (huge size vs trashed. Good HOA.

#4 : Good location with views of the canyons (either yay when normal or scary when on fire). Looked as if two of the Golden Girls lived there. No garage or parking spaces. One bedroom was seriously small. Small but relatively ok kitchen. Great price. Ok HOA.

#5 : Decent location (too close to road with noise). Great floors throughout. Good kitchen. Good sized bedrooms. Living area is nice. Ok patio. Detached 1 car garage, with a work bench/area for tools and such. Assigned other parking spot. Good guest parking. Decent price point. Bad HOA.

Ok...so there isn't too much else that's on the market for the area that I want to live in, and is within my price point. My pick so far is #5.

We'll see. Talking it out makes me feel a little better...however I'd rather not be so poor as to only have the condo, and be able to do...well, nothing else. We'll see. Thoughts?

~Jeordam

ex-Admin at wotmania (all things wot & art galleries)
Saving the Princess, Humanity, or the World-Entire since 1985
Reply to message
So I'm terrified... - 13/01/2015 10:27:23 PM 420 Views
How fun - 14/01/2015 03:12:50 PM 268 Views

Reply to Message