Active Users:178 Time:17/05/2024 08:12:46 AM
"C'mon, Cannoli:" If you are going with the "urban thug" dog whistle, Taylor was a "wurban thug" Joel Send a noteboard - 10/08/2015 10:42:09 AM

Y'know, since we are indulging the conceit "urban thug" does not mean "n----r," because THAT term would be offensive.

View original post
most telling in this video is that DuBose literally did nothing wrong, was complying with the officers commands, and was not belligerent nor disrespectful towards the officer. as usual, i challenge all the apologists for these events to point to the exact moment in the video linked below where DuBose deserved to die. the same justifications come out when these killings happen all the time: if only he complied with the officer, if only he didn't attack/mouth-off/raise-something-that-might-be-construed-as-a-weapon/put-his-hands-where-the-officer-couldn't-see-them/whatever-rationale-is-needed-to-justify-killing-yet-another-unarmed-black-person. oh, and let's not forget the all-time classic "well, it's extremely dangerous to be a police officer, so of course they're going to kill someone who threatens them." thanfully we are seeing more and more how police forces lie and distort reality to justify murdering the citizens they're sworn to protect. now we just need to stop believing the lies and start holding these officers accountable for their actions.
Who has been defending this one? Who has been unilaterally declaring that all police shootings are automatically acceptable? You and your fellow apologists for the urban thug crowd are the ones who reflexively pick sides based on the skin color of one element and the occupation of the other. It's always the same, with the initial rush to condemnation and then the so-called "apologists" gaining momentum as the facts slip out around the mainstream media narrative. No one defends the practice of police shootings as universally as you and yours rush to defend those who get into confrontations with police. None of us deny the possibility that a police officer could commit murder (we are usually the ones who bring up Dillon Taylor, for example, while your ilk keep pretending he didn't exist), the way you refuse to allow for the possibility that anyone who is not white or conservative could be the party at wrong in a confrontation with law enforcement, or that the deaths of black people are sometimes tragic accidents that don't have anything to do with racism or malice on the part of the cops, such as Tamir Rice or Amadou Diallo.

You're a stopped clock that is smug because at this moment it actually might be 12:00.

A citizen called 911 saying a "gangbanger" dressed like Taylor, right down to the red hat, was WAVING AROUND (i.e. not simply "bearing") a gun, so cops were within their legal authority to detain him for questioning, and demand he take his hands out of his pockets since he fit the description of someone reportedly brandishing a weapon: Taylor was uncooperative and rude (he clearly says "Naah, fool," which is not exactly the Queens English, and turns to leave,) then turned BACK to the cop and only then began removing his hands from his pockets: What would YOU think he was doing? Think fast; once his hand leaves his pocket the decision will be made FOR you. Notice how his pants are barely on his hips when the cop rolls him over? That is "urban thug" fashion, right? So why is THAT "murder" when all the others are "tragic accidents."

moondog has heard me tell the story of the night my moms car failed to start when she tried to leave her banks ATM, so she sent me across the street to seek a phone at a parts store and use her AAA card to call for service (even though I had worked enough retail that I told her small town store are not open at 10PM.) As I crossed the street, I saw a payphone on the OTHER side of the street, so after confirming the lights were on but no one home at the store I crossed back over to use the phone. What I did NOT see was the cop car that drove by while all this was going on, then pulled into the parking lot as I reached the phone.

I do not blame them for that; see a guy walk up to a closed store at night, look it over, then immediately head to the nearest phone and it is natural to presume he cased the place before calling friends to help rob it. They hit me with their spot as I was dialing, so I had to have a conversation with both of them, but this was around Thanksgiving, so as soon as I read off the AAA membership number I shoved that card and my hands in my jacket, at which point I was loudly told to "GET YOUR HANDS OUT OF YOUR POCKET!" I had the (belated) common sense to know why, so carefully and smoothfully complied, which is probably the only reason I am having this conversation instead of providing someone a Dillon Taylor store 20 years ago.

After that, I explained the situation, pointed to my mom in her car (to this day she insists having a witness is the only reason I was not arrested) and they went on their way (leaving the middle-aged handicapped woman and her son with their disabled vehicle in the near-freezing night, but it was all of two blocks to the station, so they had to get moving soon.) At least my mom did not have to hear her fellow liberals explain cops killing her unarmed son for trying to bring her aid "was not police brutality, because they admitted the wrongdoing for which none of them was punished." Cops around the country will surely be relieved to know ADMITTING they wrongly killed unarmed black person will get them off the hook.

Are all or even most of those cases about race? The sheer volume of cops shooting unarmed people suggests not, except in that minorities (which, btw, include far more than #BLACKLives) are disproportionately impovershed generally, so far less likely to be able to afford a good lawyer (or have parents who can.) But it is the same old CRAP, and the only difference between most of the left most of the right is WHICH race they use to automatically but selectively excuse cops and condemn the slain. You sit there screaming Dillon Taylor was murdered while dismissing black deaths as "tragic accidents," and leftists can sit there screaming Tamir Rice was murdered while you call THAT a "tragic accident." Guess who wins that argument? Killer cops.

Keep playing their divide ut regnes game FOR them and they will KEEP winning while putting every black, white, brown and plaid American in a coffin.

Honorbound and honored to be Bonded to Mahtaliel Sedai
Last First in wotmania Chat
Slightly better than chocolate.

Love still can't be coerced.
Please Don't Eat the Newbies!

LoL. Be well, RAFOlk.
Reply to message
Cincinatti gets one right - 29/07/2015 08:54:23 PM 886 Views
The officer lied to save himself - 30/07/2015 11:45:06 AM 515 Views
all three officers on the scene lied - 31/07/2015 08:29:27 PM 466 Views
Your point? - 01/08/2015 05:28:26 PM 659 Views
"C'mon, Cannoli:" If you are going with the "urban thug" dog whistle, Taylor was a "wurban thug" - 10/08/2015 10:42:09 AM 614 Views
good old racist cannoli..... - 13/08/2015 10:13:58 PM 512 Views
A person is dead; that is hardly "getting one right" - 10/08/2015 04:32:05 AM 574 Views
Re: A person is dead; that is hardly "getting one right" - 13/08/2015 10:10:54 PM 450 Views

Reply to Message