Active Users:279 Time:25/04/2024 12:43:30 AM
Republican Party Attempts in SINGLE DAY What It Failed to Achieve in SEVEN YEARS Joel Send a noteboard - 24/03/2017 03:36:19 PM

That is, write an Obamneycare repeal that at least wins their OWN votes. With Republicans holding 1) the presidency, 2) the US House, 3) the US Senate, 4) 32/50 state governors seats and 5) 68/99 state legislative chambers, I do not know how they will blame their mandates failure on "Democrats," but eagerly and confidently await rationalizations attempting just that (with as much hope of success as the attempt prompting them.)

President Trump earned special recognition here: Throughout the election and prominently leading up to todays delayed vote, he assured everyone his trademark and unmatched negotiating skills would let him effortlessly walk between the raindrops to square every circle. Mexico would pay for the border wall so it did not cost the US a cent (even though the Republican House itself says US taxpayers are paying $26 billion for it) to repealing and replacing the federal version of a law the American Enterprise Institute invented, the Heritage Foundation promoted and Mitt Romney (R-MA) enacted at the state level. Thus, when House Speaker Paul Ryans bill found itself facing 25 of the 21 votes from his own party needed to kill it, Trump went to work, manning the phones, holding rallies and publicly telling Republican Congressmen in the audience to "stand up" so everyone could see him say, "I am coming for you." Witness the results:

Trumps patented negotiation expertise turned 25 no votes into 40 Republican votes against their own president and House Speaker.

This is the biggest accomplishment since the Heritage Foundation spent 20 years pushing Romneycare as the alternative to Hillarycare until Obama finally passed it for them AND took all blame for its many failures.

I almost feel a little bad for Trump. He was so sure of defeat that he actually disappeared for several hours late on election night to rewrite a short concession speech into a pretty gracious victory speech. What started as historys most audacious commercial marketing plan has—through a combination of Hillary Clintons machiavellian sliminess, the Republican Partys spinelessness, the Klans virulence and Putins limitless ruthlessness—snowballed into an avalanche of horror even its creator cannot escape. Remember when he said, "I could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and people would still support me"? That was not bragging: It was a terrified realization.

Be careful what you run for, because you just might win it.

Honorbound and honored to be Bonded to Mahtaliel Sedai
Last First in wotmania Chat
Slightly better than chocolate.

Love still can't be coerced.
Please Don't Eat the Newbies!

LoL. Be well, RAFOlk.
Hillary Clinton, somewhere, right now....
Reply to message
Republican Party Attempts in SINGLE DAY What It Failed to Achieve in SEVEN YEARS - 24/03/2017 03:36:19 PM 900 Views
Aaaand Ryan/Trumpcare is (officially) toast - 24/03/2017 09:56:21 PM 759 Views

Reply to Message