Active Users:187 Time:18/05/2024 02:21:58 PM
Undeniable sign of age: Your former high school student being ordained as a priest Cannoli Send a noteboard - 26/03/2017 05:42:54 PM

I thought it was bad years ago when a young woman from a family that had been friends with mine, took her vows as a nun, and now there was a nun whose baptism I had attended (she is three years younger than I). Nuns are automatically elder, because putting on the habit adds about forty years of respect, dignity & gravitas (for the record, it's an old fashioned order, wearing traditional habits similar to those in "Bells of St Mary's" or "Sister Act" not the more contemporary garment which resemble business clothing with a tiny cross necklace). That's not cool, but I am SUPPOSED to be an adult, and it was inevitable that people in my age group would start doing grown-up things. But now, a kid I taught history to, who is not even the oldest member of his family to have taken my class, has not only gone to seminary, he is just about done, is already a deacon and will be ordained as a priest later this year. The kid I once address by his first name and told "stop making antonymical puns out of the king's name and answer the questions" I would address as Reverend Mr. V__ if I encountered him now, and in a very short time, as Father ___. He was a very good student, and I leaned hard into the pro-Catholic end of history, so maybe I can take a tiny bit of credit. But there's very soon going to be a priest out there who used to call me Mr. Cannoli.

Does anyone want to exchange Metamucil recipes?

Cannoli
“Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” GK Chesteron
Inde muagdhe Aes Sedai misain ye!
Deus Vult!
*MySmiley*
Reply to message
Undeniable sign of age: Your former high school student being ordained as a priest - 26/03/2017 05:42:54 PM 410 Views
Bah - 26/03/2017 06:43:32 PM 316 Views
I might be having hot flashes. - 26/03/2017 10:28:05 PM 271 Views
I can't beat that..... - 27/03/2017 10:19:56 PM 328 Views

Reply to Message