Active Users:194 Time:01/05/2024 04:27:51 AM
Global Warming: Climategate Joker Send a noteboard - 28/11/2009 05:42:50 PM
<B>HOT AIR UNDER RADAR</B>

<I>Why isn't 'climategate' the biggest story in the world today?</I>

It should be known as "climategate" and should be a front-page story in every newspaper worth the name and the lead item on television and radio news throughout the world.

Instead it has generally been ignored and often deliberately covered up.

The story is, quite simply, extraordinary.

In brief, it concerns the admittedly illegal but startlingly important hacking of the e-mail system of one of the world's leading climate research units at Britain's University of East Anglia.

The system in question contains more than 1,000 reports, personal exchanges and important letters and is regarded as being central and vital to those who believe global warming is a reality and is man-made.

What the leaked material appears to reveal, however, is there has been a series of conspiracies to exaggerate data concerned with man-made global warming, a concerted plot to deny evidence that might prove the opposite and a campaign to smother information that might deny fashionable environmental theories. What must be emphasized is those named are not a group of irrelevant activists but some of the most prominent academics shaping international policy.

One of the e-mails read: "I've just completed Mike's trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years and from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline." And, "The fact is that we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment is a travesty. The data published on 2008 shows there should be even more warming. Our observing system is inadequate."

Shortly after this is, "Can you delete any e-mails you may have had with Keith re AR4? Keith will do likewise. Can you also e-mail Gene and get him to do the same? I don't have his new e-mail address. We will be getting Caspar to do likewise."

These findings, of course, directly dispute man-made global warming theories.

Silence critics

There is also a collection of letters about a campaign to silence critics. One writer complains a leading scientific journal was publishing too many essays by skeptics.

"Perhaps we should encourage our colleagues in the climate research community to no longer submit papers in this journal. We would also need to consider what we tell or request of our more reasonable colleagues who currently sit on the editorial board. What do others think?"

Another states, "I will be e-mailing the journal to tell them I'm having nothing more to do with it until they rid themselves of this troublesome editor."

In other words, pressure will be applied until an editor who is willing to accept peer-reviewed and credible articles from all sides of the debate loses his job. If this is too subtle, another climate change professor writes that when he next sees a highly regarded global warming skeptic he'll "be tempted to beat the crap out of him. Very tempted."

In another we read of gloating over the death of a scientific colleague who has severe reservations about man-made climate change.

Bullies, deniers and frauds. Words that describe the global warming establishment and the establishment media that has hardly given their vile antics a mention. Frankly, not surprising at all.

michael.coren@sunmedia.ca

Discuss?

Link
Reply to message
Global Warming: Climategate - 28/11/2009 05:42:50 PM 640 Views
The WSJ sums it up quite well..... - 28/11/2009 05:58:49 PM 328 Views
i think both sides are likely incorrect - 28/11/2009 06:21:13 PM 315 Views
I worry about more then that - 29/11/2009 05:58:29 AM 321 Views
Reaction must be severe - 29/11/2009 09:24:23 PM 283 Views
I think the problem is that it just isn't actually much of a story, though clearly some wish it was - 29/11/2009 11:49:19 PM 395 Views
That dog don't hunt - 30/11/2009 07:49:04 AM 314 Views
What you do or don't do with your dog is between you and your dog. And perhaps the legal system. - 01/12/2009 04:24:00 PM 356 Views
The loss of the data was known prior to the emails - 01/12/2009 07:39:36 PM 426 Views
I think I love you. - 01/12/2009 10:21:13 PM 419 Views

Reply to Message