Active Users:176 Time:19/05/2024 09:52:20 AM
Why don't they just have a damned playoff in college football, already? (Semi coherent Rant) Bryce Send a noteboard - 10/01/2010 02:59:39 PM
I've heard time and time again that it's a money issue, but come on, man. There's gotta be a way to work around that, where everyone still gets all the advertisement money and bowl money and passes go and collects $200 that still allows us to have a good old fashioned playoff.

I lived in Idaho until a few months ago, and I'm just tired of hearing everyone complain that Boise State should be ranked #1 after their stellar season. The worst part is, it's a never ending argument because they'll never really get their shot until a playoff comes into play. No one really wants to play them and risk their schedule being killed by a small school. In fact, there was an interesting yahoo article not too long ago where the coach from Boise State said that they couldn't even get bigger teams to agree to play Boise State on the home team's field, much less play at Boise State.

In short, where's my damned playoff? If for no other reason than to stop the people from chatting my ear off about shoulda coulda woulda.
Formerly Dark Prophecy, now I'm just me.

Strong proponent of a Writing Section here at RAFO.
Maybe next year BSU
Reply to message
Why don't they just have a damned playoff in college football, already? (Semi coherent Rant) - 10/01/2010 02:59:39 PM 497 Views
because the original concept of the bowl games was to produce many big matchups at once - 10/01/2010 06:27:09 PM 242 Views
Hmm - 10/01/2010 07:17:02 PM 225 Views
they place themselves outside the NCAA structure for starters - 10/01/2010 07:25:32 PM 370 Views

Reply to Message