Active Users:184 Time:18/05/2024 07:07:01 PM
I wonder if GSP's so good that he's at risk of being underappreciated? Mossman Send a noteboard - 05/04/2010 05:12:27 PM
He's so much better than the guys he fights, that it's difficult for him to look impressive. When we think of great boxers, they usually have a signature fight in which they were taken to the limit and rise to the occasion. It seems like fighters who always win with ease don't get due credit because it is assumed that the competition simply isn't that good.

quote id="92568">UFC 111 is this saturday. This should be a pretty good event overall allthough the main event is lacking a big name opponent versus GSP.

Georges "Rush" St. Pierre Vs Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy
The French Canadian Vs The Brit
The Pretty Boy Vs The Thug

I'm kind of conflicted on this particular match up as I am a fan of Georges (it's pronounced George) as he is a very well spoken champion, not to mention very honorable and an overall great ambassador for the sport of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). Yet, I'm kind of tired of him whooping up on everyone in the middleweight division. He doesn't really have any challangers, yet along comes Dan Hardy, very outspoken talks a lot of trash and has some serious knockout power in his hands. Hardy is a very electric and exciting fighter and I kind of like him. He's brash, energetic and comes into the fight with a red mohawk and for some reason he reminds me of a pirranah(sp?). Mohawk's are freaking awesome by the way.

That being said, I hope Hardy knocks out Gorgeous Georges (pronounced George's) mostly because I'd like to see some fresh blood in the division. Plus my wife thinks Georges is the hottest guy on the planet. *shrugs*

So what do you think?
Reply to message
UFC 111 St. Pierre Vs. Hardy - 26/03/2010 07:26:20 PM 563 Views
Honestly, I wouldn't bet against GSP. *NM* - 27/03/2010 12:50:14 AM 121 Views
I wonder if GSP's so good that he's at risk of being underappreciated? - 05/04/2010 05:12:27 PM 362 Views

Reply to Message