Active Users:230 Time:07/05/2024 07:42:09 AM
The BCS and a playoff OR I think my wife might be a genius. Bryce Send a noteboard - 24/10/2010 04:48:37 AM
So, my wife (not a big football fan) asked me the other day what all the fuss was about at work with regard to people wanting a playoff. I explained why some people want it to stay the same, and why some people want a playoff. So, she thought about this for about 30 seconds. Then, she created something beautiful.

"So, how many major BCS bowl games are there?" she asked.

"Four, five counting the BCS championship game. You've got the Sugar Bowl, The Fiesta Bowl, The Rose Bowl and the Orange Bowl," I replied.

"Okay, so if there are four bowl games, why don't they play them and then have the winners of the games play each other until there's only one team left standing? That would only be two more games than the current system...well, one if you count the championship game, right?" she said.

And I stared.

Then I laughed.

"Yep, that would pretty much fix it for me," I said.

So yeah, sometimes you just need to look at it from another angle. I was incredibly impressed that someone that knows very little about how the system works could make such a decent compromise. I really wish they would implement that.
Formerly Dark Prophecy, now I'm just me.

Strong proponent of a Writing Section here at RAFO.
Reply to message
The BCS and a playoff OR I think my wife might be a genius. - 24/10/2010 04:48:37 AM 651 Views

Reply to Message