Active Users:262 Time:04/05/2024 02:22:15 PM
Quickpolls! Avendesora Send a noteboard - 08/11/2010 09:15:10 PM
Hello RAFOnatics! With more Team members working on the quickpoll, you should now see fewer days without a quickpoll.

There are lots of polls sitting in the archive, and they are currently being reviewed. There are some good polls, and some that would be good, if they were phrased properly. Many are open-ended questions, and this does not work well with the “multiple choice” format that is currently set up. There are also some that are related to specific themes that are no longer relevant (world cup).

So… While we clean out the attic, we figured it would be good to have a post to highlight some tips for submitting new quickpoll ideas.

Ben has suggested…
• one WoT poll per week
• one TV/Movies poll per week
• Funny/wacky polls are ok
• Please submit more "competition" like polls we had when the site first started. (e.g. best wizard, who would win in a fight, most awesome, best magic system, pet you most want to have, best crime author, etc). First 2/3 polls are a first round, next two are the semis, and then the final.
• We could have a games poll every now and then

I'd like to keep the polls a) interesting, and b) as much about general scifi/fantasy/spec fic as possible.

In case you’ve never suggested a poll, these are the tips as listed on the “suggest a quickpoll” page. The link to bring you there is directly under the poll on the home page.

• Take a look through the archive to make sure that the question you're suggesting hasn't already been asked!
• You should always provide a question and sample answers. Simply submitting "Do a poll about XYZ!" is a good way to get the idea deleted.
• You should try and give at least 3 and no more than 6 answers, no open-ended questions
• If you have several ideas, submit each one separately.
• Please note that you won't be credited for the idea if you aren't logged in!

Go ahead! Suggest some new quickpolls!
*MySmiley*

I believe all news and research that supports my opinion, and dismiss the rest as conspiracy and lies.
This message last edited by Jacob on 15/11/2010 at 04:37:02 PM
Reply to message
Quickpolls! - 08/11/2010 09:15:10 PM 1115 Views

Reply to Message