Active Users:195 Time:20/05/2024 10:07:51 PM
I really REALLY hate "Tebowing." Joel Send a noteboard - 31/10/2011 07:37:29 PM
I have had the misfortune to have to deal with this at Broncos Forums, and I stand by what I said there:
And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.

Every time Tebow invites everyone to partake of his awesomeness by sharing his religious views he and his team are humiliated in front of God and everyone; coincidence? Some things are not about Tim Tebow, and prayer should definitely be one of them. Between the "if you have an abortion you could miss out on having a kid as cool as Tim Tebow" commercial during the SEC Championship he LOST, the NCAAs "Tebow rule" and now this, I am a bit sick of the whole phenomenon. The best witness remains a life well lived, not vainglorious exhibitionism, and all the people pursuing self promotion through religion are getting really old. Tebow is hardly the first or only one in football or elsewhere, but he has brought the practice to a new low, IMHO.
Honorbound and honored to be Bonded to Mahtaliel Sedai
Last First in wotmania Chat
Slightly better than chocolate.

Love still can't be coerced.
Please Don't Eat the Newbies!

LoL. Be well, RAFOlk.
Reply to message
Although I'm not a Denver Broncos fan, I thought those here who are might enjoy this site - 30/10/2011 11:12:33 PM 331 Views
This beat the hell out of planking *NM* - 31/10/2011 02:04:21 AM 94 Views
I really REALLY hate "Tebowing." - 31/10/2011 07:37:29 PM 264 Views
*tebows in response* - 31/10/2011 09:49:03 PM 178 Views

Reply to Message