Active Users:176 Time:18/05/2024 06:27:08 AM
Test Your Geekdom, Vol II: The Sequel Isaac Send a noteboard - 29/12/2011 03:17:33 AM
|p Test Your Geekdom, Vol II: The Sequel |b

Ten questions, 3 possible points for each… format is movie, character, actor for movies or book, character, author for books, or TV Show, character, actor for television... using a first person summary some might view as skewed.

Example: (Movie) I tracked a number of treasonous criminals to a floating city, where I was forced to battle my own son who’d been taught to dislike me by the very man who’d grotesquely maimed me years before.
Answer: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Darth Vader, James Earl Jones or David Prowse, either is acceptable.

1) (Movie) After having my mind screwed with I was shunted back in time to protect a mouthy teenager from a homicidal robot with a mercurial approach to life, and eventually committed assisted suicide.

2) (Book) After being thrown far into the future and ending up at an expensive dining establishment, I eventually found myself crash landing with a bunch of irritating people millions of year in the past on an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet, and finish the book trying to puzzle out the answer to a deep philosophical question I think I should know with a bag of scrabble pieces.

3) (TV) As the Second Officer on board a famous vessel, I had many duties, but this never stopped me from taking care of my cat, Spot, though I never got along well with my patricidal brother and often felt my life was devoid of passion or feeling.

4) (Movie) Shortly after escaping from brutish, ape-like captors I made my way through an empty and forbidding zone of desert on horseback with my girlfriend, who wasn't a good conversationalist. We end up getting separated, though I later met back up with her in the company of a colleague. Unfortunately I find myself the unwilling guest of a group of telepaths who worshiped an unexploded nuclear bomb. Since my new captors were now being invaded by my old captors, they prepare to detonate the bomb. I end up getting shot while trying to prevent the bomb going off, and after my colleague and girlfriend get gunned down, I decide to hell with it and set the thing off myself.

5) (TV) I used to be a military pilot until my superior genes got me involved in a clandestine project that was in league with aliens and secretly funded by numerous governments. After getting stranded in a distant galaxy, and underwater to boot, I eventually ended up shooting my commanding officer, who bore a striking familiarity to homicidal robot in the first question. Later my right hand man became addicted to drugs, I starved and shot a prisoner to gain information from him, and I made a military alliance with a number of sadistic mass murderers to engage in what many would consider an attempt to commit genocide.

6) (Book) After being raised on a farm by my Aunt, and fleeing in the night with her, the farm’s blacksmith, and an old wolfish storyteller we eventually ended up in an ancient and barbaric kingdom where I helped save the king from a plot hatched by a man I later found out had murdered my parents. But that happened a short while back, and now I find myself traveling through first a land of idiotic if noble knights then a land of people who seem obsessed with making money. There I met a spoiled brat who I’m obviously destined to marry, encountered a group of nymphomaniac tree-huggers, and then burned a man alive, much to the glee of my aunt. Later I ended up meeting another nymphomaniac, but my aunt turned her into a snake.

7) (Book) Shortly after doing away with a tyrannical lord and ruler of many lands including the city that was now my home… and who ordered my father’s death right before my eyes… and also killed a man who saved me from being beaten to death by the leader of gang of thieves, I found myself trying to protect the life of my boyfriend who was the new king of the city. I’d previously killed his ex-fiancee before he was king, ended up killing several of his brothers, and later his father. After all that effort, I left him to bleed to death so I could unleash a Ruinous dark god on the world. I’m a pretty tough girl, and my dietary habits would lead many to think I have a cast iron stomach.

8 ) (Movie) Although I am probably best remembered for offering drugs to the lead character in the original movie which I promised would open his eyes to reality, and trying to get everyone to join a messianic and militant cult, in this film I’m probably best remembered for fighting a pair of albino twins in a parking garage and later a crowded highway while trying to find a locksmith. Considering how many bullets got fired during this fight, it’s amazing how rarely people reloaded.

9) (Book) While trying to recover a piece of jewelry that was a birthday gift from a dear friend who died shortly after, I was threatened at sword point and coerced into helping guide that person to the home of a man who once had me tortured. Later I was threatened with death merely for fishing in a pool that I didn’t even know anyone owned or cared about.

10) (Movie) After waking up from deep freeze and having my piloting license revoked over questions about my judgment, I joined a marine expedition to a colony. After most of them were killed in a territorial dispute with rival colonists led by a Queen, I negotiated the release of one of the colonists by threatening the Queen’s children and killing some of them, after which we detonated a nuclear bomb in her home. Later seeking vengeance, she attacked me and we dueled to the death.

Bonus Question: Who was the actor referenced in question #1 and #5, and what were the names of the characters he played in that movie and TV show respectively? (This is not referencing either of the two characters/actors that were the answers to 1 and 5, but the actor who mentioned in 5 as as bearing a striking familiarity)
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.
- Albert Einstein

King of Cairhien 20-7-2
Chancellor of the Landsraad, Archduke of Is'Mod
This message last edited by Isaac on 29/12/2011 at 03:32:01 PM
Reply to message
Test Your Geekdom, Vol II: The Sequel - 29/12/2011 03:17:33 AM 1205 Views
The Answers - 29/12/2011 03:30:54 AM 621 Views
16. Got all points on five questions, and essentially nothing on the rest. *NM* - 29/12/2011 06:56:54 PM 246 Views
And still not able to reply in the right place. *NM* - 29/12/2011 06:57:14 PM 263 Views
I have to say - 29/12/2011 10:49:36 AM 524 Views
Re: I have to say - 29/12/2011 03:28:52 PM 637 Views
My answers. (15/33) - 29/12/2011 03:00:38 PM 499 Views
I ended up at 24/33. - 29/12/2011 03:27:18 PM 592 Views
I'm not a very good geek 11 - 11.5 / 33 - 29/12/2011 03:42:50 PM 618 Views
24ish, I suppose. The books were doing me in, of course. - 29/12/2011 06:10:51 PM 585 Views
7 points for me. - 29/12/2011 11:09:07 PM 640 Views

Reply to Message