Active Users:366 Time:05/05/2024 09:09:57 PM
The second estimate seems most likely to me, but you must pick one to win the pool. Joel Send a noteboard - 01/06/2012 02:22:22 AM
Seriously, though? If you keep it up, maybe a week. Two, tops.

I am tempted to make a complaint to FB. I would not stand for a bunch of far left partisans trying to monopolize the Constitution either, certainly not to complain about things that have absolutely nothing to do with it. I mean, OK, sure, the debt and deficit crisis are serious, and there are valid arguments from and criticisms of both sides. But what does the Constitution say on the subject?

All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills. -Article I, Section 7, Clause 1

The Congress shall have power

To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes...;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures...;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy...;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress...;

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof. -Article I, Section 8

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void. -Amendment XIV, Section 4

That is pretty much the whole of what the Constitution says regarding the debt, deficit or anything connected with them. I fail to see how any of it "constitutes" justification for demanding Obama, Congress or anyone cut all spending and taxes. I did not even get into the recurring debate over the healthcare law (which is too bad, because the Second Militia Act of 1792 creating a federal public mandate endorsed by President Washington, VP Adams and Secy. of State Jefferson (AKA the respective founders of American independents, conservatives and liberals) is fast becoming the favorite argument for it, but Article I, Section 8 legitimizes that without legitimizing the healthcare mandate.)
Honorbound and honored to be Bonded to Mahtaliel Sedai
Last First in wotmania Chat
Slightly better than chocolate.

Love still can't be coerced.
Please Don't Eat the Newbies!

LoL. Be well, RAFOlk.
This message last edited by Joel on 01/06/2012 at 02:26:34 AM
Reply to message
OK, Officially Starting a Pool: What Day/Time Will I Be Kicked out of Facebooks Constitution Group? - 01/06/2012 01:21:51 AM 674 Views
I give you 11 minutes. - 01/06/2012 01:49:29 AM 601 Views
The second estimate seems most likely to me, but you must pick one to win the pool. - 01/06/2012 02:22:22 AM 897 Views
I suppose it depends on whether you're being a Troll - 01/06/2012 02:30:00 AM 659 Views
I suppose it depends on how one defines troll. - 01/06/2012 03:57:27 AM 580 Views
That is a 'like' page not a group. - 01/06/2012 12:51:54 PM 470 Views
I see; thank heaven for small blessings, I guess. - 01/06/2012 08:43:41 PM 460 Views
Nice job... - 01/06/2012 10:14:22 PM 507 Views
Sorry, was my response to the "Constitution" group created just to savage liberals too strong? - 01/06/2012 10:57:28 PM 490 Views
Not at all. - 02/06/2012 12:32:51 AM 477 Views
BwAhHAhAHHaahaa.... - 07/06/2012 01:02:27 AM 517 Views

Reply to Message