Active Users:353 Time:05/05/2024 08:50:36 PM
Your acquaintance is blessed to live in a country not (yet) governed by Fox. Joel Send a noteboard - 02/06/2012 02:48:55 AM
Most people that see a constitution facebook group would assume it was a fair and even minded group of individuals positing well thought out and enlightened opinions on the document. One would never think that a group (especially on facebook.com) dedicated to the constitution would be filled with right wing hacks complaining about the Obama administration and liberal policies in general. One would expect such a group on facebook.com to be extra dedicated to truth, fairness, well documented arguments, and a desire to hear all sides.

I was only congratulating you because, upon uncovering the shocking and unexpected ugliness of the facebook constitution group, you set those people straight.

Perhaps it was too much to expect people praising the Constitution actually possess at least a vague grasp of its contents rather than simply trying to abuse it as a vehicle to advance their personal agenda. Henceforth, I will bear your sadly valid point in mind when encountering such people, and recall many consider "We, the people" a mere marketing tool to justify what only serves "we, the tiny minority of people requiring political aid from those we despise and degrade...." Of course, that only underscores the importance of meeting each such assertion with counterassertions those abusing the US Constitution for their own personal interests, and against mine and my countrys, represent neither of us, only their own selfishness. If nothing else, any genuine supporter of the Constitution naturally opposes all attempts to repress political freedoms it guarantees, particularly under the guise of "supporting" it.

Recently an acquaintance of mine tuned into Fox News on the television. Instead of finding fair and balanced news, she was stunned that their coverage seemed to exhibit an ever so slight bias against liberals. This from a cable news network advertising fair and balanced news reporting! She was tempted to contact the network managers to bring to their attention that some of their employees were presenting a biased view of current events, but in the end she lacked the courage and the zeal to do so.

Fox can (and does) air whatever garbage toward which it is inclined, but when they presume to claim it represents the US and its citizens, in our entirety, I have never been shy about calling their BS exactly that. Come to that, FCC licenses to use our airwaves explicitly require doing so in the interest of the public who owns those airwaves, which actively maligning and marginalizing tens of millions of US citizens is not. That is another valid issue worth raising with the FCC, though pointless unless that is done before another GOP president takes office.

I am tempted to report the use to the group has been put as no better than libelous abuse. However, it is still a free country where people may say what they like unless inciting violence (which is no guarantee FB will perpetually let anyone use the US Constitution however they please, but that is a matter for their discretion.) However, free speech includes my opposition to maligning the Constitution at least as much as it does that abuse.
Honorbound and honored to be Bonded to Mahtaliel Sedai
Last First in wotmania Chat
Slightly better than chocolate.

Love still can't be coerced.
Please Don't Eat the Newbies!

LoL. Be well, RAFOlk.
Reply to message
OK, Officially Starting a Pool: What Day/Time Will I Be Kicked out of Facebooks Constitution Group? - 01/06/2012 01:21:51 AM 674 Views
I suppose it depends on whether you're being a Troll - 01/06/2012 02:30:00 AM 659 Views
I suppose it depends on how one defines troll. - 01/06/2012 03:57:27 AM 580 Views
That is a 'like' page not a group. - 01/06/2012 12:51:54 PM 470 Views
I see; thank heaven for small blessings, I guess. - 01/06/2012 08:43:41 PM 460 Views
Nice job... - 01/06/2012 10:14:22 PM 507 Views
Sorry, was my response to the "Constitution" group created just to savage liberals too strong? - 01/06/2012 10:57:28 PM 490 Views
Not at all. - 02/06/2012 12:32:51 AM 477 Views
Your acquaintance is blessed to live in a country not (yet) governed by Fox. - 02/06/2012 02:48:55 AM 667 Views
BwAhHAhAHHaahaa.... - 07/06/2012 01:02:27 AM 517 Views

Reply to Message