Active Users:307 Time:10/05/2024 12:23:52 PM
this is fucking terrible. I get sick everytime I think about the burning of baghdad libraries....... Aisha Send a noteboard - 28/01/2013 07:11:09 PM
i shouldn't even have to say this but burning libraries has noting to do with Islam. these guys did it out of spite and a fuck you to the people. well fuck them. but honestly it his day and age, should we be "losing" ancient manuscripts and books like this? why isnt someone digitizing every ancient manuscript we have on record so assholes like this cant win even if they destroy the physical copy? but damn, what the taliban did to the Bhudda statues...that was vile.

As if murdering innocent people and tearing down UNESCO-protected monuments of cultural heritage weren't bad enough, the Mali Islamists, may they burn forever in Hell, apparently destroyed thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of rare manuscripts in Timbuktu, many of which the South African-sponsored Ahmed Baba Institute.

Like the destruction of the Bamiyan Buddhas by the Taliban and subsequent smashing of the treasures of the Kabul museum, this is an attack on what makes humanity human, on the spirit that helps us rise up above the miseries of everyday life to sense the wonder and glory of creation.

These sorts of people should be hunted down, flayed and rolled in salt. By their behavior they have shown they are not worth being treated any better.
Aisha - formerly known as randschicka
Reply to message
Yet another attack on civilization by Islamic extremists - 28/01/2013 05:03:49 PM 704 Views
this is fucking terrible. I get sick everytime I think about the burning of baghdad libraries....... - 28/01/2013 07:11:09 PM 566 Views
They were digitizing the texts. - 28/01/2013 07:37:59 PM 403 Views
Its okay, the magical time travel cats saved the books - 29/01/2013 03:56:13 AM 403 Views

Reply to Message