Active Users:177 Time:18/05/2024 02:13:01 PM
Well there's some common threads with other rationalizations to be sure Isaac Send a noteboard - 18/07/2013 11:37:36 PM

That entire letter in a nutshell, we're fighting a desperate holy war that is totally black and white and I feel bad for you, well meaning but stupid girl, for the pain you've suffered and some guilt I couldn't warn you about your stupid foolish ways before you suffered the entirely justified if perhaps excessive punishment you deserved. I am greatly saddened you've suffered for being too naive to realize that you should have limited yourself to reading approved volumes and keeping your mouth shut.

There's nothing new here, a fairly stale blend of ultra-nationalism and religious zealotry born from preferring to view one's culture as utterly superior in spite of its rampant poverty and the position as a leper in the world achieved through whitewashing history to paint some past Utopia smashed by foreign greed, jealousy, and general wickedness.

It is amazing though how many similarities it has to various other fringe groups' ravings. Let's see, Jews evil, check, homeland was a golden Utopia before colonialism/immigration occurred, check, vaccinations evil control mechanism, check.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.
- Albert Einstein

King of Cairhien 20-7-2
Chancellor of the Landsraad, Archduke of Is'Mod
Reply to message
So for those who remember Malala Yousafzai (and if you don't, you should)... - 18/07/2013 09:32:51 PM 569 Views
Well there's some common threads with other rationalizations to be sure - 18/07/2013 11:37:36 PM 376 Views
What intrigued me was all the talk of "India". - 19/07/2013 12:10:25 AM 405 Views
It definitely caught the eye - 19/07/2013 12:47:20 AM 396 Views

Reply to Message