Active Users:177 Time:18/05/2024 03:54:21 PM
This is something I have never tried. *NM* Avendesora Send a noteboard - 03/08/2013 12:33:43 PM

View original postIt's been a while since we had one of these: What are you eating/cooking/drooling over?-threads, so I figured it is time.

View original postWhat food does strike your fancy these days?

View original postSee, now I threw out a question to the rest of you, now I can talk about my favourite topic - me.

View original postI have invested in a glorified bain-marie (I thought that was how it was spelled? Whatever) so recently I have been trying to cook things "sous vide" (For the non food-nerds: in a vacuum bag on low temperature for a long while), which has given me some new interesting things to try, and some food safety rules to disregard.

View original postFoodstuffs that are excellent for sous vide cooking:

View original postBoneless chicken breasts (Some people don't like the pink tone, but they are just old-fashioned)

View original postPork tenderloin

View original postHamburgers (The meat, anyway, still haven't found good enough bread, and I wouldn't vac bread)

View original postIn essence, things that you generally overcook and dry out. In this category I'll add pulled pork and duck confit. And lamb roast.

View original postThings I have tried which did not work out so well:

View original postRibeye: Better to just fry it... it's decent as a sous vide food, but you need the browning to get the best taste, and it can get too hot if you brown afterwards.

View original postSalmon: Salmon mi-cuit seemed popular on the internets, but when I tried it, it was a sashimi taste on a horrible texture... better to just have it raw.

View original postNow, I mentioned earlier the whole pulled pork thing. I have been experimenting with different types of BBQ-sauces for that purpose, and have found a couple I really like (one mustard, one ketchup-based), but I figured I'd ask around here, since I just assume americans know bbq best... What are the best types of bbq sauces for pulled pork?

View original postHmm. I think that's it for the moment. We can do another on mixing drinks later on, I suppose?

View original postAlso: Yes, I could probably survive losing half my body weight, but that doesn't mean you are allowed to avoid telling me about good, unhealthy food.

*MySmiley*

I believe all news and research that supports my opinion, and dismiss the rest as conspiracy and lies.
Reply to message
Well, food, actually, but... as long as it involves experimenting, it is science, right? - 30/07/2013 02:32:56 PM 514 Views
That all sounds good, except for the hamburgers... - 30/07/2013 03:00:56 PM 343 Views
Re: That all sounds good, except for the hamburgers... - 30/07/2013 04:29:19 PM 250 Views
I got this. - 30/07/2013 07:40:21 PM 395 Views
Re: I got this. - 30/07/2013 10:34:57 PM 303 Views
Re: I got this. - 07/08/2013 02:16:22 AM 286 Views
This is something I have never tried. *NM* - 03/08/2013 12:33:43 PM 268 Views
try a mustard rub on the pork - 03/08/2013 01:43:45 PM 350 Views
No sauce necessary for the pork - 06/08/2013 06:38:22 AM 240 Views

Reply to Message