Active Users:295 Time:04/05/2024 03:28:27 AM
You need a backup option Aeryn Send a noteboard - 03/01/2014 05:08:49 PM

Your professor is procrastinating. He'll either come through eventually (probably), or maybe he won't, at least not in time. Try finding someone else to write your recommendation. Contact the schools and let them know that your last letter is delayed due to circumstances beyond your control.

View original postI submitted 3 grad school applications a few months back that are all past due. First was due on Dec. 1st and the last was due the 31st. All of my letters of recommendations were submitted except for 1. I've gone in to see the professor a few times. The last was on the 17th and he said he'd get them in before January. Now, it's a few days past and he hasn't responded to the email I sent about a week ago (and I know he at least gets my emails).

View original postDoes anyone here have some advice for how to proceed? I can try and hound him some more about getting it submitted or, even though they're past due, I can try to get someone else to write one for me. I don't really know if anyone here is more involved with situations like this than myself so some insight would be appreciated!

View original postAnd for the record, I'm also asking my advisor at the same time I'm posting here. I just like to have as much information as possible and I love this site.

Reply to message
Grad school application question... - 03/01/2014 02:07:34 PM 328 Views
You need a backup option - 03/01/2014 05:08:49 PM 482 Views
Thanks for your response! - 11/01/2014 04:18:15 AM 274 Views

Reply to Message