Active Users:452 Time:26/04/2024 08:41:52 PM
Tony Robbins and other motivational self-help philosophies & methods Aeryn Send a noteboard - 01/09/2014 05:17:51 PM

Hello folks! How are you? I had some big changes in my life. In March of this year, I left my corporate job and went on a four-month vacation. I did a lot of soul-searching and decided to leave the straight-jacket of corporate 9-6 world behind, and go into business for myself, sorta. I am still attached for a corporation, but now I work in sales and have to find my own clients. It's a huge change for me, I am still trying to wrap my mind around it. It calls for me to make a dramatic change in my lifestyle, daily habits, even personality. Do not be alarmed, it would be a change for the better, and that necessity is one of the main reasons I chose sales. No more living life on autopilot. This concludes the preamble.

So, I am now on a path of self-improvement. I have been reading books on sales and networking, such as "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill, "Never Eat Alone" by Keith Ferrazzi, and "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie (and many more others.... no more scifi/fantasy for me ~sigh~)
The latest book I am reading came as a recommendation from an old friend who has mastered the art of "having the universe bend to accommodate her desires." So I am about halfway through Anthony Robbins' "Awaken the Giant Within." I am finding it to be very interesting and insightful. Has anyone read it? What did you think? Are there any other books you have found transformative in your life?

Reply to message
Tony Robbins and other motivational self-help philosophies & methods - 01/09/2014 05:17:51 PM 824 Views
Sure, I have a few recommendations. - 03/09/2014 02:59:58 AM 616 Views

Reply to Message