Active Users:258 Time:25/04/2024 02:27:19 AM
I feel a bit bad about dumping a friend kHz1000 Send a noteboard - 27/11/2014 10:36:58 PM

OK, feeling a little conflicted here.

I've known this dude for a couple of months now. It's been a lot of fun. We have a nice clash of personalities going on. He's spontaneous, sensitive and chaste. Man's body, woman's personality, sort of. A wonderful person, all in all. I'm colder (this is an act), straightforward, anti-spontaneous (I plan discussions in advance) and a lot more promiscuous. A slightly antisocial whore if you want to be mean about it.

Some time ago I, having a crush on him, suggested that we date. He thought that we aren't there yet and might never be. Still, it went perfectly amicably. We were in bed and drunk when we talked about this. And I guess he liked seeing that, sometimes, I actually do have feelings about something.

Still, this is sort of unbearable. How do you go on being friends with someone when what you want is a lot more? And I have to accept that that's just not going to happen. Imagine if he finds someone? My head would explode.

We were chatting on Whatsapp yesterday, and I told him most of this. Including that I don't want to meet him again. He sort of understood. And was sympathetic, even after I told him I have an STD. He wasn't even angry about it and basically we had done everything in bed save for actual sex. It's not a bad one, kind of like herpes. I avoided telling him before because I thought he would overreact.

We're still going to meet. If for no other reason than that he needs to return some of my stuff. What I'm hoping is that getting some distance will help and we can be friends again. I mean, I don't want to lose him. But I hate pining after him and I hate him for it.

So.. How do you kill your fealings for someone while still maintaining a friendship?

Reply to message
I feel a bit bad about dumping a friend - 27/11/2014 10:36:58 PM 672 Views
In a similar situation myself, actually. - 29/11/2014 01:21:50 AM 501 Views
Yeah, that sounds good - 30/11/2014 06:41:24 PM 405 Views

Reply to Message