Active Users:296 Time:04/05/2024 07:50:02 PM
In a similar situation myself, actually. Dragonsoul Send a noteboard - 29/11/2014 01:21:50 AM

I was dating a girl recently who was on an exchange program from overseas, and now that she's gone back, she want to be just friends (mind you friends who skype for hours every day and still maintain all of the emotional attachments of a relationship). She talks a lot about "one day", and "maybe", and I think that's the problem.

What I've realized is that I won't be able to kill my feelings for her until I know for sure that nothing will happen between us. In essence, I need her to tell me that things won't work. Once I have that confirmation, I can move on and we can actually be friends.

It's a conversation I don't want (because again, I want to keep tricking myself into thinking that something could happen one day) but ultimately it's one that I have to have. That way I don't pass up other great (or not so great) opportunities that come my way.

So that's my two cents. I'd say, force the "talk" again, and make him give you a concrete answer, free of "one day"s, "maybe"s, and "we'll see"s. Maybe hearing him shoot you down for good will allow you to come to terms with it in your mind, and then move on, and still be friends.

I know how tough it can be. Good luck.

DS

Reply to message
I feel a bit bad about dumping a friend - 27/11/2014 10:36:58 PM 674 Views
In a similar situation myself, actually. - 29/11/2014 01:21:50 AM 503 Views
Yeah, that sounds good - 30/11/2014 06:41:24 PM 408 Views

Reply to Message