Active Users:370 Time:27/04/2024 09:33:10 AM
You're kind of vague on what you want to learn. Ghavrel Send a noteboard - 05/10/2015 01:14:31 AM

Upgrading computers is easy, since they're designed to be modular. Much harder than the physical act of upgrading a computer is choosing the correct component to buy.

When you say you want to learn "how they work," do you mean you want to know how a computer's hardware works, or how a computer's software works, or how the software interfaces with the hardware? These are really different things. I built my own computer and am pretty proficient with software, but if you asked me how the computer actually runs I'd stare at you and say "electrons."

When you're interested in learning something technical and you don't have a lot of money, keep in mind that several universities are now offering lectures for free online.

If you're interested in an introduction to electrical engineering, you should check out MIT's course. It's available on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S4cNfl0YF0 .

If you're interested more in the software side of things, try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6U-i4gXkLM .

EDIT: I should add--this is the secret of all of the people whom you ask for help when your computer is acting up. We ask you questions about what's wrong until we get a good idea of the problem, and then we go to Google and type in the problem.

"We feel safe when we read what we recognise, what does not challenge our way of thinking.... a steady acceptance of pre-arranged patterns leads to the inability to question what we are told."
~Camilla

Ghavrel is Ghavrel is Ghavrel

*MySmiley*

This message last edited by Ghavrel on 05/10/2015 at 01:17:49 AM
Reply to message
I'm wanting to learn more about computers - 04/10/2015 06:46:05 AM 1215 Views
Take a class. *NM* - 04/10/2015 09:06:22 PM 365 Views
You're kind of vague on what you want to learn. - 05/10/2015 01:14:31 AM 740 Views
Delete *NM* - 05/10/2015 01:14:59 AM 341 Views

Reply to Message