Active Users:261 Time:25/04/2024 12:38:54 AM
Honestly, *I'M* pretty vague on knowing what I'm wanting to learn. j-whitt987 Send a noteboard - 05/10/2015 01:31:14 AM

I've just been realizing recently that I really don't have any useful skills to offer future employers. I've always enjoyed playing around with computers, but I really don't know how they operate.

View original postUpgrading computers is easy, since they're designed to be modular. Much harder than the physical act of upgrading a computer is choosing the correct component to buy.

View original postWhen you say you want to learn "how they work," do you mean you want to know how a computer's hardware works, or how a computer's software works, or how the software interfaces with the hardware? These are really different things. I built my own computer and am pretty proficient with software, but if you asked me how the computer actually runs I'd stare at you and say "electrons."

I guess I'd have to say that I'd like to learn about how the software works and how it interfaces with the hardware.

View original postWhen you're interested in learning something technical and you don't have a lot of money, keep in mind that several universities are now offering lectures for free online.

View original postIf you're interested in an introduction to electrical engineering, you should check out MIT's course. It's available on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S4cNfl0YF0 .

View original postIf you're interested more in the software side of things, try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6U-i4gXkLM .

I think I'll check this one out. Thanks a lot.

View original postEDIT: I should add--this is the secret of all of the people whom you ask for help when your computer is acting up. We ask you questions about what's wrong until we get a good idea of the problem, and then we go to Google and type in the problem.

Kirk: Spock, you want to know something? Everybody’s human.
Spock: I find that remark…insulting.
Reply to message
I'm wanting to learn more about computers - 04/10/2015 06:46:05 AM 1209 Views
Take a class. *NM* - 04/10/2015 09:06:22 PM 362 Views
You're kind of vague on what you want to learn. - 05/10/2015 01:14:31 AM 735 Views
Honestly, *I'M* pretty vague on knowing what I'm wanting to learn. - 05/10/2015 01:31:14 AM 1072 Views
Delete *NM* - 05/10/2015 01:14:59 AM 340 Views

Reply to Message