Active Users:216 Time:07/05/2024 09:35:45 PM
I think you may be suffering from Obama disillusionment random thoughts Send a noteboard - 04/02/2016 01:46:34 PM

Your generation is like the 60s generation who thought they were a great agent of change and that they had discovered some secret truth that was going to change the world but the world kept on going like it always did and the generation is distraught and dejected because their revolution turned into slow evolution.

Things do change just not as fast as the young would like. The truth is when they change faster than people can accept it is usually bad and often violent. I know you are passionate about gay rights and probably thinks things changed to slow but in reality it happened lighting fast, at times to fast.

When I joined the Marines in 1985 if you were rumored to be gay they would aggressively investigate and you would be dishonorably discharged and in some case charged with falsifying government documents because you lied to get in. some guys actually served time over it. By my second enlistment Don't Ask Don't Tell was in place and it offered some protection from that but there was backlash and some commanders tried even hard to remove any hidden gays from the ranks. Even the much maligned DOMA gave room for people to feel safe while they adjusted to the idea of gay marriage. Now just 31 short years latter gays can get married in every state and can openly serve. Not only that but now being anti-gay carries more social stigma than being gay does. Of course they took thing to far and allowed females in combat roles so that will cause problems until they either fix it or decide political correctness is more important than the lives we will lose with less effective combat units.

American politics is not a slow train wreck it is just slow because society can only change so fast. That is something the youth who always think have something new never understand. The sad truth is youth is wasted on the young.

Every lection I can remember was the most important ever and none of them had candidates that made more than few happy but the reality is politics only matter so much and as long as we don't try and change things to quickly society keeps plugging along.

Reply to message
In case no one noticed thay had an election in Iowa - 03/02/2016 07:34:03 PM 540 Views
And Trump accuses Cruz of cheating. This should be good. - 03/02/2016 08:49:03 PM 488 Views
and that is one of the reasons why Rubio won - 04/02/2016 12:10:41 AM 455 Views
Agreed about Clinton and Sanders - 04/02/2016 11:54:51 PM 596 Views
Sanders needs to prove he can get not white people to vote for him *NM* - 05/02/2016 02:26:53 AM 191 Views
Brother in arms - 04/02/2016 12:55:48 PM 682 Views
I think you may be suffering from Obama disillusionment - 04/02/2016 01:46:34 PM 627 Views

Reply to Message