Active Users:211 Time:07/05/2024 11:00:47 PM
The belief that they are unique is one of the things your generations has with the others random thoughts Send a noteboard - 05/02/2016 02:26:30 PM

View original postIt is not because of the content you posted it is because I do not have the time to pick the right words to express what I am trying to say.

I may have had time to read a proper response

View original postYour post is partly right but partly misses my generations (the millennial generation) problems but also our strengths. We are very different then Gen X and the Baby Boomers, yet we are also very much the same. You can't really think of it in a 1 dimensional fashion (like left vs right, or black vs white) where the millennials are the new baby boomers, . It is at least a 3 dimensional problem with X, Y, Z and I do not even thing you can reduce it that far to a 3 dimensional description saying how the millennial generation is like the previous generations and how it is different.

My point was that your generation is really not that unique. On average they were over cuddled and suffer from higher levels of narcissism and have an over inflated sense of entitlement but beyond that they were are all that different. The mistake they make is the same mistake my generation made by comparing the adults of the older generation to themselves but if they could have know the younger version of the previous generation the differences would have been minor.

View original postYou also make a mistake if you equate me personally with my generation. Yes I have lots of traits of my generation but I also have a lot of differences due to my personal life experiences but also stuff involving the brain with things like dyslexia, adhd, and some the traits of aspergers (but not all the traits so depending on which expert you ask I am or am not on the spectrum)

It is a bell curve but I did notice that eight years ago you were the head cheerleader of the Obama campaign now you are sick and tired of politics. Sounds a little let down to me.

View original postTrust me I have lots of issues so when I say I am not like my generation this is not a point of pride or arrogance but instead recognizing my life experience has brought me an untraditional perspective that the majority of my generation did not experience even though it is not a unique perspective just a less popular one that only a few percent experience not the entire generation.

View original postBut one of the things that makes the millennial generation unique but also very similar and very different than the baby boomer generation is we really do not get why "Mama and Daddy" are fighting, similar to how children of divorced parents often but not always see both sides of the parents conflict and how both are right and both are wrong and why momma and daddy are choosing these fields to die on.

View original postIn other words we loathe the culture war, not just stuff on gay issues which you brought up but also on other issues like on economic policy, class, etc.

Horse shit. Your generation is no more or less involved in culture wars than the previous one. As a young conservative I hated all religion in politics but the tow groups most involved in the culture war are the young and the overly religious. Universities are now and have always been centers of the culture so to claim the millennials loath it is really not accurate. What the loath is the fact that all the grown up just are not smart enough to realize that they are right and they are the generations who figured it all out.

View original postPart of this has to do with the internet allowing us to socially experiment with people who were from different cultures at a much younger age than the previous generations. In some ways this made the millennial generation more shallow and less appreciative of some aspects of culture but at the same time it also made us appreciative of other peoples differences and more "fusion appreciated" (mixing and matching what we like of other cultures)

More horse shit. In a few cases it may true that the internet expanded horizons but for the majority it did the opposite and allowed them to find like minded people and avoid ideas that challenge them. The internet is more of an echo chamber amplifier than anything else. That is part of the reason for the current polarization.

View original postThis is because the internet allows a person to adopt a "pseudo identity" without consequences where children get to play with other children and take experiments and be themselves in a way that is not possible for the older generations. Stuff like coming out is a whole lot easier when you first get to try with your internet friends performing a way of practicing in an artificial environment before you do the real world experiments with things like friends, and then family. Now I brought up a gay example just because its easy for you to imagine it, but understand this applies to all forms of social interaction with children. It helps a child find it easier to be themselves

View original postSorry I need to go due to the time, and this post is half baked and half finished for I do not have the time to edit and reflect, but is this making any sense to you?

View original postDo understand it is not hopeless idealism, or disillusion idealism. Take my personal opinon of Bernie Sanders. I could not stand the Bernie Sanders of the 90s and early 2000s. What a pretentious asshole. At the time Bernie Sanders was just a congressman but he was an important congressman for he help create the progressive caucass which is in some ways the tea party of the liberal/demorcrat/progressive/left wing.

View original post Thus while the Bernie Sanders of the 90s was ineffective he changed the conversation much like the tea party did to the right since 2009 to 2016

View original postBut the Bernie Sanders that was a senator (congressman from 91 to 07, Senator from 07 to Today) is a different beast. Part of this is just getting older and realizing his previous tactics galvanize people and hurt as much as they helped, part of this is he is 74 and is nearing the last journey of his life and he is thinking of words like legacy.

View original postFor example this 3 minute youtube video (see link below) is the early Bernie Sanders shown in a fictional character in a fictional show. My god what a pretentious asshole, sometimes such people you just wish would leave poltics or just die. But Bernie learned better on how to play with others during his 27 year on the national stage Now the person the fictional Bernie Sanders is talking to with Toby Ziegler, his personality is very like mine if you want to guess my viewpoint and opinion of Washington.

Bernie Sanders did learn ho w to plat the populist role but he has never learned to speak outside his base. That is he does so well with under thirty five whites and does not get any traction outside that group. I don't that he changed so much as he found an audience. His anti-corporate rhetoric free college message plays well with a generation struggling under massive student debt and being raised on a steady diet of corporations as the bad guy.

View original postIf you are not aware Bernie Sanders is an ENTJ personality on the MBTI scale. That said he has much NF language in his vocabulary for he is overwhelmed with the beauty of his similar but very different opposite personality. Thus he acts much like an ENFP idealist (which is Obama's personality type, and part of Obama problems, not the idealism but because he did not include enough real politik people to keep him grounded). Now another difference between Sanders and Obama is Sanders is a hedgehog to borrow from the Isaiah Berlin essay ("The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." Now part of Obama's problems is he is too much of a fox and "realist" that he just does not get it how he rubs both the conservative and the liberal hedgehogs the wrong way. He just does not get it.

They both have the same problem, they both live in echo chambers and lack the ability to see the world through any prism as their own. You can't lead a country if you consider half of the country the bad guys.

View original post(Both me and Toby Ziegler are INTJs who speak in flowery tongues, but in the end just want the government to work. Bernie Sanders is an ENTJ that is caught up in his own utopia and just believes he can make it work if he repeats himself enough times)

View original postLater, I hope you have a good day random thoughts, and I am not trying to discourage you from politics just that I am sick of the lack of leaders on the republican side, instead they just want to complain and point fingers, and the stupidity of the democrats on the democratic side. Like I said earlier why are mommy and daddy fighting over stupid stuff instead of the stuff that makes sense. Work on the things you agree on instead of nonsense issues which you can't get past the impasse where you just have to agree to disagree or you have to fight to the death for no side is budging.

Sorry but I has to yet again call BS. You are not tired of mommy and daddy fighting you are just mad because daddy won't agree with mommy and you love mommy so much it makes you mad. You may be sick and tired of the republicans complaining about the way things are being done but if you think back eight years you would pretty upset with how things were done and were doing a lot of complaining about it. You need to separate "Im tired of the argument" from "Im tired of you not agreeing Im right"

Reply to message
In case no one noticed thay had an election in Iowa - 03/02/2016 07:34:03 PM 540 Views
And Trump accuses Cruz of cheating. This should be good. - 03/02/2016 08:49:03 PM 488 Views
and that is one of the reasons why Rubio won - 04/02/2016 12:10:41 AM 456 Views
Agreed about Clinton and Sanders - 04/02/2016 11:54:51 PM 596 Views
Sanders needs to prove he can get not white people to vote for him *NM* - 05/02/2016 02:26:53 AM 191 Views
Brother in arms - 04/02/2016 12:55:48 PM 682 Views
I think you may be suffering from Obama disillusionment - 04/02/2016 01:46:34 PM 627 Views
Sorry but I do not have a time to give your post as long and serious reply that it deserves - 04/02/2016 04:42:43 PM 640 Views
The belief that they are unique is one of the things your generations has with the others - 05/02/2016 02:26:30 PM 558 Views

Reply to Message