Active Users:218 Time:18/05/2024 08:34:52 AM
He's a terrible President for nearly everyone. Tom Send a noteboard - 12/02/2012 01:03:52 AM
Essentially, there were six banks that benefited from this law, and none of them are my clients. Like everything else Obama does, the law was a Swiss-cheese like set of provisions that were so specific that virtually no one could benefit.

The health care law is almost the same, with all of its exceptions and carve-outs for unions and other constituents with well-placed lobbyists. Nancy Pelosi was wrong to a certain extent; while we had to pass the bill to find out what was in it, even passing the bill wasn't enough to find out EVERYTHING that was in it. We're only starting to understand just how much it fucked up an already fucked up system.

Obama's tax incentives are even worse, with all sorts of targeted tax breaks that expire at unusual times.

Clarity and simplicity are best for business, and Obama has not provided either. Permanent tax breaks would lead business to try to structure itself to take advantage of them. Clear laws on health care would allow businesses to assess a per-employee cost when deciding if they want to hire people and, if so, how many. While Democrats can say Republicans are just complaining about a law they don't like, the reality is that businesses want to know the impact of things like this before they incur costs. It's really straightforward and easy to understand.

I repeat: clarity and simplicity are best for business. I am also hoping against hope that your answer will reflect those two principles or, as TMJ said, that I won't have to shave twice between the beginning and end of the reply.
Political correctness is the pettiest form of casuistry.

ἡ δὲ κἀκ τριῶν τρυπημάτων ἐργαζομένη ἐνεκάλει τῇ φύσει, δυσφορουμένη, ὅτι δὴ μὴ καὶ τοὺς τιτθοὺς αὐτῇ εὐρύτερον ἢ νῦν εἰσι τρυπώη, ὅπως καὶ ἄλλην ἐνταῦθα μίξιν ἐπιτεχνᾶσθαι δυνατὴ εἴη. – Procopius

Ummaka qinnassa nīk!

*MySmiley*
Reply to message
Robo-Signing Settlement Might Not Provide Homeowners With Needed Help - 11/02/2012 07:35:12 AM 544 Views
This whole thing is indicative of the Obama administration's incompetence. - 11/02/2012 02:04:20 PM 354 Views
Incompetence suggests it is unwitting; he is no more incompetent than banks who issued bad loans. - 11/02/2012 07:25:39 PM 401 Views
He's a terrible President for nearly everyone. - 12/02/2012 01:03:52 AM 487 Views
I disagree; the Dow has gone up 50% since he took office. - 12/02/2012 02:03:59 AM 523 Views

Reply to Message