Active Users:338 Time:16/05/2024 04:51:38 AM
Re: Sex. Why don't I love it? DomA Send a noteboard - 09/03/2012 11:44:35 PM
This is the same question I ask myself every time I have sex with someone. I enjoy the feelings, I have reason to believe I'm good at sex, I most definitely am not prudish (gay sex can be messy), etc. And yet I can never totally immerse myself in the experience. Today I was having fun with the guy I'm dating. I ended it by saying I want to watch the news. I just didn't feel like continuing. I apologised but yeah, he was pretty quiet after that. There's nothing wrong with him, he's good-looking and intelligent. I have a crush on him. So why the f**k is my urge to ravish him so .. low? Am I just naturally frigid? That's a terrible thought. I really, really hate the idea of being asexual. You think it was easy coming to terms with being gay? Try to cope with something like that.

Since you seem to have problems pointing the finger to what doesn't work on your own (and if you try and can't), I'd seek the advice of a reliable sexologue if you can, at least if this bugs you enough and you seek to keep a working relationship with man, or eventually you'll run into problems (not to mention that typically with loss or lack of desire if it persists or has always been there you might well end up aggravating the problem if you start worrying about this and don't address it). There may not even be a problem as such (and it may not be on your side either but not having met anyone you like having sex with), but just to be able to find out what's up and how to change this if it happens to be something you want to change. It's often as simple as getting to understand yourself much better and what you like and what you don't (or what prevents you from totally immersing yourself in a sexual relation), and learn to communicate this better with your partner(s).

It could be that you're trying to meet their expectations and going through the expected motions, when it's a different mood, situation, time, attitude, practices etc. that would motivate/excite you. There must be turn-offs involved somewhere (it could also be a physical problem, from hormonal to chemical deficiencies, alimentation or simple lack of sleep and such and a check-up isn't a bad idea - I'm guessing if you were on meds that could alter your libido your doctor would have told you), but it's far more typical for lack of libido to be related to psychological elements - anxiety, blocks etc.), you just can't pinpoint them atm.

That said, a lot if not most people go through temporary phases of lower libido.
Reply to message
Sex. Why don't I love it? - 09/03/2012 09:31:05 PM 636 Views
Dunno. - 09/03/2012 09:54:55 PM 465 Views
It's not that awful. Just a ..conundrum *NM* - 09/03/2012 10:35:44 PM 126 Views
Maybe I'm being whatever.... - 09/03/2012 11:04:44 PM 408 Views
I agree! - 10/03/2012 04:33:34 PM 319 Views
Re: Sex. Why don't I love it? - 09/03/2012 11:44:35 PM 531 Views
Thank you for your answer. I really appreciate it. *NM* - 10/03/2012 07:54:33 AM 164 Views
Maybe not much of a consolation, - 10/03/2012 08:07:09 PM 373 Views

Reply to Message