Active Users:222 Time:18/05/2024 10:56:52 AM
So if you ran into Hitler at the laundromat and he was cranky ... Roonas Send a noteboard - 05/11/2012 09:41:39 AM
2. There are no absolute villains irl. Most people just have good moments and bad moments.

That is your moment of laundromat zen.

It's merely that he had an off day or two, not his utter hatred of entire races of people, or his fanatical zealotry and bigotry that caused his actions?

Just food for thought - I once had an internal argument where I tried to settle the question: "Could Hitler be lead to repentance and actually be given/shown forgiveness for his crimes against humanity?" ... I conluded that while his redemption on a spiritual level (albeit a huuuuuuuge longshot) may be possible, his actions and total works were beyond a human beings capacity to understand, let alone forgive. The level of atonement would be impossible to fill, yet - according to doctrine no one is beyond forgiveness. So think if he repented before he capped himself, and say for argument's sake he had Ava pop him and not off himself - he'd be in heaven hangin' with the apostles at dinner like one of the guys.

It's sorta like the theological question: Can god make a stone so large that even he himself cannot lift?

If you answer yes you deny the omnipotence of god, and if you say no then you also deny his omnipotence. Circular logic will leave one dizzy.

There wasn't really an answer here, but it struck me that the laundromat zen might be a tad too simplistic for it to truly be a philosophy to live by, but it certainly did spark thought.

;)
-Roon

-Roonas.

*MySmiley*
Reply to message
The Laundromat Chronicles - 05/11/2012 01:16:15 AM 496 Views
Aww! - 05/11/2012 04:51:50 AM 380 Views
So if you ran into Hitler at the laundromat and he was cranky ... - 05/11/2012 09:41:39 AM 343 Views
- 05/11/2012 04:35:04 PM 279 Views
I'm sure I have - 05/11/2012 02:38:26 PM 257 Views

Reply to Message