Active Users:342 Time:06/05/2024 02:19:10 PM
thanks! *NM* temeraire Send a noteboard - 05/03/2014 02:01:03 AM

View original post
View original post1 - when did you first allow your kids to watch a tv show? why that age, if you had a reason?

View original postAround 18 months is when we let our older daughter really watch shows. Younger than that, it's okay for 30 minutes or so to take a break, but abusing it is bad for the child and can hurt sleep patterns.

View original post
View original post2 - what was the show? why that show?

View original postWe just turned on Nick Jr. and let her figure out what she liked. Then it expanded to Disney Jr. when they launched that channel, and some PBS.

View original post
View original post3 - do you have cable/satellite, or do you just use dvds or internet for tv?

View original postAll of the above.

View original post
View original post4 - at what age did you first take your kid to a full length movie? Which movie?

View original postIn the theatre? Not until age 4, when we went to Monsters University last summer. Our older daughter wouldn't have had the patience to sit quietly through the whole thing a year before.

View original post
View original post5 - what age do you think is appropriate for a child to see their first movie length feature at home?

View original postWe started at about 3 - 3.5.

View original post
View original post6 - what was the first movie you showed your kids? why did you choose that movie?

View original postIt was a Disney movie. I don't remember which one; I think it was one of the animal ones. Our older daughter only wants to watch Princess movies, and My Little Pony, and Strawberry Shortcake, and things like that.

View original post
View original post7 - is there a show that you're nostalgic about and love watching with your little one?

View original postNo, she doesn't like the ones I did. Of course, I'm a guy, so I guess that makes sense.

View original post
View original post8 - do you think there's any difference between screen time via facetime vs tv shows?

View original post
View original post9 - how old will your kid be when you get them a tablet or let them use yours?

View original postUsed mine from 2-2.5, has her own from right around 4th birthday. Our younger daughter is under a year so she doesn't have her own yet.

View original post
View original post10 - how old was your kid when they first figured out how to unlock your phone via swiping?

View original postOur younger daughter can already do it at 8 months. Our older one figured it out around the same time.

View original post
View original postthat's all i can think of... thanks!

"it's like the real world, except there's dragons!"

cw, you are missed...
Reply to message
kids and media - what do you do and why? - 04/03/2014 05:24:47 PM 717 Views
We just said "screw it" and don't restrict too much. - 04/03/2014 07:42:27 PM 499 Views
thanks! *NM* - 05/03/2014 02:01:03 AM 305 Views
we used to be fairly strict but we are less so these days - 04/03/2014 08:11:32 PM 485 Views
thanks! *NM* - 05/03/2014 02:00:19 AM 273 Views
Re: kids and media - what do you do and why? - 04/03/2014 09:00:49 PM 664 Views
thanks! *NM* - 05/03/2014 01:59:58 AM 258 Views

Reply to Message