Active Users:273 Time:03/05/2024 08:46:22 PM
Obama *is* a christian, so thanks for agreeing with me on that point moondog Send a noteboard - 02/12/2015 12:17:34 AM

View original post
taking in refugees, especially from conflicts in which we have an active role, is a long tradition in the US. we've taken in Vietnamese, Iranians, Iraqis, Germans, Italians, and many others due to the various conflicts in the regions at their respective times. we used to aspire to be "the great melting pot" but obviously if we can score some xenophobic and especially islamophobic rhetoric rather than help people, all the better for those of us who don't have to worry whether or not we'll have a place to call home tomorrow.
We won't have one if we keep this up, that's the point. You want to help someone, go help someone. But indulging your personal sanctimony at the public expense, or forcing people to tolerate dangers they do not wish to subject themselves to is not your prerogative. The same arguments you guys use against pollution apply to immigration.

An attitude does not become bad or wrong because you add the suffix "-phobic" to a descriptor. Leaving everything else aside, third world people bloc vote Democratic in enormous numbers. Why should we let you guys swamp the country with people who've done nothing to earn it or prove their allegiance?

i realize it breaks your brain to realize this, but just because i find republican ideology to be insanity defined, does not automatically place me in the democratic party. besides that point, what are you so afraid of? if your party ideals are so terrible that you have to block immigrants and refugees from entering the country just to maintain your hold on power, what exactly are you holding onto?

Taking in Vietnamese hasn't worked out so good for the gang-rape victims in Fresno. You don't hear much about them, certainly not compared to all the airtime, ink and column inches devoted to imaginary rapes, like Duke or Columbia or that Rolling Stone bullshit.

so something a handful of people belonging to a minority group does 30 years after the war that brought them here is good enough to decide it's a problem to allow refugees to escape a war now? how far into the future do we need to project to be able to make better policy decisions? or is it just safe policy to only allow white, Western christians to the US regardless of their socioeconomic and/or migrant status? i know you're usually a racist piece of shit, so i guess this stance should not surprise me at all...

The Italians were not refugees, they had no welfare, and tons of them went home. We didn't bring entire villages here to collect government checks through family reunification policies, and the Mafia gave us cause to regret the numbers we did bring in and allow to stay. The Mafia is going away now, because the Italians are assimilating and the ethnic cohesion is breaking down. If the Southern Italians had come in now, we'd be setting up special enclaves, Mafia dons would be "community leaders" and every time the police tried to bust up an extortion racket, we'd be hearing about racial profiling, along with gaseous historical lectures about the glories of the Roman Empire, when the current immigrant groups had nothing to do with that, other than occupying some of the same space at very different periods of time.

the Mafia is going away because the profit in racketeering is going away. most of the Mafia is "going legit" precisely because there is more money to be made there.

Oh, so now law enforcement is to be believed 100% when they assert that their victims WOULD have done something bad? We're supposed to believe that Michael Brown would not have harmed a fly if the police had not bothered him, that Trayvon Martin is completely innocent of any intended wrongdoing, since we can't get a confession from him. But because the FBI makes a self-serving claim that they have prevented something bad, we're to take that as stipulated?

And that's assuming the article actually says what you claim, which is pretty much the exact opposite of my experience in checking your links.

And even if 100% true, that's all you've got, alleged plots. As opposed to the Black Panthers, the Weathermen, the Sierra Club, the Bloods, the Crips, Jim Jones, the Symbionese whatever-the-hell-they-were, MS-13, and the Occupy movement, whose gatherings were as rife with assaults and rape as the typical fraternity in the most lurid imagination of a Rolling Stones writer.

The environmentalists are the leading perpetrators of terrorism by far, and since none of them are descended from Muslims or Hindus, they are totally going to inflate the count of white christian terrorists.

you're gonna have to provide current valid, semi-objective links and proof for that last claim. and the one for Occupy, while we're here. something that doesn't come from the right-wing echo chamber. otherwise you're gonna have to come into the 21st century and re-learn what the world is actually doing since the last time you stuck your head up above the sand.

"The RIAA has shown a certain disregard for the creative people of the industry in their eagerness to protect the revenues of the record companies." -- Frank Zappa

"That's the trouble with political jokes in this country... they get elected!" -- Dave Lippman
Reply to message
Can people really be this stupid? - 21/11/2015 12:36:55 PM 1655 Views
Your argument would be a lot more convincing if it weren't for the puny numbers. - 21/11/2015 02:12:23 PM 784 Views
Still too much *NM* - 21/11/2015 10:59:15 PM 507 Views
I assume that is rhetorical question since the answer is almost always yes *NM* - 23/11/2015 08:19:50 PM 377 Views
you know it's mostly white christians who commit terrorist acts on US soil, right? - 24/11/2015 11:08:42 PM 767 Views
That is only true becuase of the morons who decide who is a terrorist - 25/11/2015 02:03:32 PM 458 Views
Those morons are specifically the Southern Poverty Law Center, a far left group. - 25/11/2015 02:05:57 PM 514 Views
the FBI and DHS are hardly far left groups - 25/11/2015 06:49:44 PM 486 Views
Ah yes, play the race card. - 25/11/2015 07:09:29 PM 511 Views
which race card is that? - 30/11/2015 07:14:05 PM 496 Views
Since Obama took over the Justice Department ahs become a far left poltical group - 26/11/2015 03:05:46 PM 534 Views
wow, you actually believe that bullshit? - 30/11/2015 07:22:10 PM 603 Views
Do you actaully tbelieve the stupid shit you right? The vast maority of the senate is far right? - 01/12/2015 09:10:31 PM 873 Views
While I'd have to agree with your subject line... - 01/12/2015 10:54:08 PM 590 Views
I don't like lynch mobs it is as simple as that - 02/12/2015 04:08:00 PM 510 Views
what part of "treat everyone the same" is so hard for you to grasp? - 03/12/2015 09:34:54 PM 531 Views
In some cases they were proven wrong, in others not. - 04/12/2015 12:49:50 AM 556 Views
By their own definition they should be on the list *NM* - 26/11/2015 02:59:01 PM 241 Views
In the sense that Obama is a Christian, sure. - 01/12/2015 11:36:29 PM 628 Views
Obama *is* a christian, so thanks for agreeing with me on that point - 02/12/2015 12:17:34 AM 490 Views

Reply to Message