Active Users:189 Time:18/05/2024 05:46:21 PM
"Propaganda" TyrReborn Send a noteboard - 05/07/2016 11:30:47 PM

you tried to make the argument that i should be mad about Solyndra, when the program that loaned to Solyndra ended up in the black. so, no i am not even remotely upset about the fact the government loan program actually only had one big loss. turning it into some attack on all liberals just shows how hyper-partisan you are. you'd be better served just accepting that the government did something right, even if one of the dozens of projects didn't work out.

I did not "attack all liberals". I was pointing out the hypocrisy in whining about $7million being "wasted" on a tragedy, when $500 million was wasted on a pet project. Sure, great, the program itself pulled a profit. That doesn't mean the $500m loaned to a failing company was any less of a waste. Without that waste, the program would have been $500million more in the black.

fox propaganda neither refutes nor supports anything. find a non-partisan source or admit that this has been purely about Hillary and nothing else for the last four years. he spent two years "investigating", withholding evidence from the committee he chairs and finally released a report which he says "you should read it" because he has no conclusion whatsoever to support his time pursuing it.

I'm "hyper-partisan", yet you refuse to watch an interview, simply because it says Fox on it. Ok, right. Anyways...

if seven other committees investigated the same things and came to the same conclusions -- namely that Hillary did nothing wrong, and the government did a piss-poor job defending its people -- i don't know how a new investigation with the same evidence that came to roughly the same conclusion makes or breaks anything. but go ahead and tell me exactly what Trey Gowdy said was the over-arching conclusion of his "investigation". go ahead and find his exact statement on what his committee accomplished and let me know what it is because nobody else seems to know.

... if you had watched the clip(though I knew you wouldn't), you would hear what Gowdy said the conclusion was; that the Administration's failure to act decisively led to the preventable deaths of two of the four casualties in Benghazi. Again, this investigation was not about Hillary Clinton. As Gowdy himself said, their focus was on administration and intelligence hiccups.

Literally the only people who believe this investigation was about Clinton are you and your ilk. Again, and I must emphasize this; you are making an American tragedy about your candidate That is an absolutely disgusting tactic, and horrendously hypocritical coming from people who accuse Republicans of politicizing issues.

what's wrong with amnesty? it was good enough for Ronald Reagan, why isn't it good enough now? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_Reform_and_Control_Act_of_1986

Different times call for different measures. There were 3.2 million illegal immigrants in 1986, and 240 million citizens. In 2014, there were 11 million illegal immigrants, and 319 million citizens. So, in 1986, the amount of illegal immigrants equaled 1.3% of the population. In 2014, that number is nearly 3 times higher (3.4%). The economic drain caused by this tripling-in-relation to population is tremendous.

If you can't tell that different times call for different responses, well, that's your flaw, not mine.

you're taking the word of terrorists as truth? i've got a bridge for sale cheap if you've got the cash!

You're not? If you were being held hostage, and said hostage-taker had just killed someone, would you not take his word that he'd kill you if you don't shut your face?

There's nothing stupid or naive about trying to protect yourself from a known threat. ISIS has shown in recent days its ability to either inspire or directly coordinate acts of violence around the world. (Orlando, Istanbul, Dhaka) If their reach is so extensive, is it really that hard to believe they might back up their threats?

As an aside, non-political, person-to-person here. I understand you have a different point of view than I do. I have no doubt we've been raised in very differing environments, etc. etc. Just understand, from your point of view, as naive as I seem to be, listening to the used-car salesman of the world, you seem equally, if not more, naive for not listening to the man with a gun to your head. You see ISIS as the salesman, I see ISIS as the gunman. Just understand this difference in PoV and what it means.

Obamacare was a mistake because we should've gotten a single-payer system. putting the health industry on the backs of the insurance industry is why the reform was needed in the first place.

Oh hey, look, you're actually listening to some things I say. Nice to know.

abortion is safer than colonoscopy, and i don't see a rush of anti-abortionists adopting all the kids they claim to be saving. besides that, why do you get to decide what a woman does with her body? and why focus on a rare procedure that is usually medically necessary? we should force women to become incubators because of stupid anti-abortion laws? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Marlise_Mu%C3%B1oz

This sounded like bullshit to me, so I spent a solid half-hour researching it. And, well, it turns out abortion injury statistics are hard as shit to pin down. Pro-choice websites say that abortion is perfectly safe and everyone should have one or three. Pro-life websites say that abortion will kill you worse than headbutting a moving train.

So, I compromised, and split the difference. With that difference, 5/100 abortions has some sort of complication, with 1/100 being considered "serious". Colonoscopies have a complication risk of 5/1000 considered "serious", which maths down to 1/200. Thus, you are wrong; abortions are still more dangerous than colonoscopies.

As for anti-abortionists not adopting children, well, I don't know where you leave, but here in the South, I see it all the time. There's 8 or 10 families in my church alone who have adopted 3+ children.

As for "why do I get to tell women what to do", well, I don't. And in fact, I'm not trying to. But in my opinion, based on biology and the study of genetics, the fetus is no longer her body. It is not genetically her body, and biologically it is and will continue to develop into a human being. So do I have a problem what women do with their bodies? Naw, take those contraceptives, make him wear a rubber, cover yourself in aluminum foil and call yourself a robot. I don't care.

But do I have a problem when women kill a genetically distinct, biologically separate human, that they themselves helped to create through their own stupidity or laziness? Yes, yes I do.

Do I have a problem with them killing a genetically distinct, biologically separate human, which was forced upon them? No. So don't accuse me of being some rape or incest apologist, because I am not.

As for your link, I read it(which is more than you do for me), and it is interesting. Were it my wife, yes, I would have kept her body alive until the child was viable. I mean, she was brain dead, so it's not like she was using her body anymore, or would be bothered by it being kept alive.

news flash: the government can't run out of money, and spending deficits are typically necessary in order to get the economy moving. some debt is better than others, and in general the US is better off deficit spending during lean years because when the economy eventually rebounds that money comes back through higher employment and other taxes. if you want a perfect example of how stupid your position is, look no further than Kansas which has implemented all of your pet positions and has the worst state economy over the last three years running. but you keep telling me how wrong it is to implement policies that actually work for people, i'm sure just like a broken clock you'll be right at least once eventually....

A government can't run out of money, huh? Wow, quick, tell Greece, I'm sure they'll appreciate knowing that!

Indeed, some debt is good, and can create growth. Hell, I understand that only roughly 30% of our debt is 'real', because the other roughly 70% is owned by entities or people within the United States. But 30% of $20 trillion is still roughly $7 trillion, and even paying that off would take years at this point. Deficit spending is not how to go forward.

And you're going to compare the American economy to... (looks again) haha you must be joking, Kansas? So you're telling me we can compare the United States, economic and technological center of the world, to a patch of dirt with no major exports aside from civilian aircraft parts and agricultural goods? (https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/statistics/state/data/ks.html)

Come on man, even you should be better than that. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Republican trickle down economics is the way to fix the economy. If you must know, I think that's about the worst possible way to do things. But, Democratic deficit spending is showing itself to be equally as bad.

I don't know the solution, but I'm damn sure you don't either, and I'm absolutely damn sure that Obama 2.0 (Clinton) won't be able to fix the problem by EVEN MORE deficit spending.

Reply to message
"How Republicans blew their chance to attack Clinton over Benghazi" - 29/06/2016 07:10:36 PM 757 Views
This crap always makes me laugh. - 29/06/2016 09:47:27 PM 397 Views
Re: This crap always makes me laugh. - 29/06/2016 11:33:57 PM 283 Views
Re: This crap always makes me laugh. - 01/07/2016 08:09:18 PM 350 Views
you're gonna have to find a non-propaganda version of your argument - 05/07/2016 09:17:44 PM 340 Views
"Propaganda" - 05/07/2016 11:30:47 PM 333 Views
Your speaking privileged have been revoked. - 30/06/2016 11:28:51 AM 300 Views
Typical liberal BS; when losing an argument on one topic, swap to another and claim to be right. *NM* - 01/07/2016 04:30:45 PM 166 Views
No it has nothing to do with liberal bs - 01/07/2016 05:24:42 PM 331 Views
Ok, I was wrong. - 01/07/2016 07:49:18 PM 329 Views
I 100% agree and I agree with your other points. - 01/07/2016 08:01:05 PM 336 Views
For the record... - 01/07/2016 08:15:20 PM 285 Views
Nods in agreement *NM* - 01/07/2016 08:22:31 PM 198 Views
far left journalist writes facrt free op ed YAWN - 30/06/2016 12:15:10 AM 236 Views
More moondog illiteracy... - 30/06/2016 02:13:03 AM 328 Views
ah, republicans good, dems bad -- as usual - 30/06/2016 09:38:28 PM 250 Views
Oh the irony *NM* - 01/07/2016 07:39:31 PM 125 Views

Reply to Message