Active Users:283 Time:18/06/2024 11:10:06 AM
Random Thoughts, you need to read the speech that got Donald Trump so hot boiled Roland00 Send a noteboard - 09/08/2016 08:32:23 AM

Here is the speech. Hint for a political convention speech it was not that contriversarial or attacking (Contrast this to "lock her up"

And here is video if you prefer video over a transcript

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/07/29/dnc-convention-khizr-khan-father-of-us-muslim-soldier-entire-speech-sot.cnn

First, our thoughts and prayers are with our veterans and those who serve today. Tonight, we are honored to stand here as the parents of Capt. Humayun Khan, and as patriotic American Muslims with undivided loyalty to our country.

Like many immigrants, we came to this country empty-handed. We believed in American democracy -- that with hard work and the goodness of this country, we could share in and contribute to its blessings.

We were blessed to raise our three sons in a nation where they were free to be themselves and follow their dreams. Our son, Humayun, had dreams of being a military lawyer. But he put those dreams aside the day he sacrificed his life to save his fellow soldiers.

Hillary Clinton was right when she called my son "the best of America." If it was up to Donald Trump, he never would have been in America. Donald Trump consistently smears the character of Muslims. He disrespects other minorities -- women, judges, even his own party leadership. He vows to build walls and ban us from this country.

Donald Trump, you are asking Americans to trust you with our future. Let me ask you: Have you even read the U.S. Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy. In this document, look for the words "liberty" and "equal protection of law."

Have you ever been to Arlington Cemetery? Go look at the graves of the brave patriots who died defending America -- you will see all faiths, genders, and ethnicities.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.

We can't solve our problems by building walls and sowing division. We are stronger together. And we will keep getting stronger when Hillary Clinton becomes our next president.

1) So Khan says Donald Trump disrespect these people

A) Minorities

B) Women

C) Judges

D) His Own Party Leadership

2) Khan states that building a wall is a bad idea for it goes against the character of the United States

3) Khan points out under the logic of Donald Trump if his policies were implicated retroactively that the Khan's would have never severed in the armed forces where he died as a US hero, saving his other soldiers in his unit when he approached a suspicious car vehicle first (he was the commanding officer and he ordered his subordinates to back away while he inspected the suspicious moving vehicle). What was believed to be the vehicle's intended target was a mess hall for the soldiers in iraq.

4) One of the things that Donald Trump has advocated was following Muslim citizens around the US in a surveillance state, including a muslim database, including bugging mosques, and closing them down. http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/21/politics/trump-muslims-surveillance/ Khan states that these ideas are against the whole consitution and the idea of equal protection under the law.

5) Khan stated that Trump sacrificed nothing.

6) He pulled out a constitution and shaked it.

------

Now when Khan spoke it was not during the prime time of the DNC convention, the big three networks did not cover Khan's comments only the internet and cable news did.

What made the Khans famous was this interview with George Stephanopoulos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhy-xQbQ14s

1) In that interview he stated that Ghazala Khan (the mother) did not speak for the father would not allow her / her religion did not allow her.

2) Donald Trump claims his sacrificing was making america great (he did not use the america great part) for he built stuff like buildings, jobs, etc and that was sacrifices.

Link to that 2 minutes of the speech which references both 1 and 2

http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/video/trump-gold-star-father-ive-made-lot-sacrifices-41016122

------

After the interview aired, Donald Trump wrote this on his twitter.

I was viciously attacked by Mr. Khan at the Democratic Convention. Am I not allowed to respond? Hillary voted for the Iraq war, not me,

Random Thoughts I respect you, and I always like to hear a contrasting opinion and you make some good points a lot of the time.

But how Trump responded to the Khans is offensive. Out of all the attacks he heard about himself on the Democratic Convention he decided to focus on those two people. Yes as soon as they become "public", they are allowed to be attacked.

But what did they say that was offensive to Donald Trump? Merely that good muslims exist, that muslims like the rest of americans are heros, and stop demonizing minorities, women, judges, and his own political party. Doing those things make Donald Trump the real un-american.

And how did he respond? He respond by insinuating that the mother of a fallen solider, would not speak for she is unamerican and she is not allowed to speek for her muslim culture forces this on her. He did not even think or consider, or if he did he did not care, he could not think of a mother talking about her dead son will fill her with grief and she can't maintain her composure.

------

Put another way Donald Trump can't keep digging through the manure pile and can't keep stop lodging it and throwing it at people in all directions.

When he feels threaten he can't pause and reflect and think for a half a second before he speaks, he just launches in counter attack mode. He has no self control, and he can't reign in his impulsivity.

And once he is in action mode he goes to the darkest places of thought that humans are capable of.

------

Edit: I am adding one more paragraph.

Edit: This is not a media conspiracy, this is all of Donald Trump's making. He created the spectacle, he created the contriversary, he decided he wanted to fight this fight instead of all the other things he could talk about involving the two conventions, or he could have talked about jobs, terrorism, e-mail with Clinton, etc.

This message last edited by Roland00 on 09/08/2016 at 08:34:20 AM
Reply to message
apparently, insulting the family of a dead decorated US veteran is a winning campaign strategy - 01/08/2016 05:15:44 PM 1063 Views
Somone need to take the man's tweeter account away from him. - 01/08/2016 05:37:47 PM 548 Views
Yeah - wasn't that what the firing of Lewandowski and promoting Manafort was all about? - 01/08/2016 05:57:18 PM 589 Views
This election has shown mew that everything I know about politics is condintional - 01/08/2016 07:33:05 PM 470 Views
two things - 01/08/2016 08:39:15 PM 486 Views
I somehow have my doubts about her gaining all that many Republican votes. - 01/08/2016 11:11:20 PM 536 Views
If you have a traditional conservative position on foreign policy Hillary is closer. - 02/08/2016 08:12:09 PM 534 Views
Do you trust donald trump with nukes? - 04/08/2016 02:37:10 AM 596 Views
No but ithink he will be impeached. Of course I don't trust Pence either. - 04/08/2016 04:14:36 AM 510 Views
Offers you a drink - 04/08/2016 04:45:14 AM 533 Views
Manafort is more professional than Lewandowski - 02/08/2016 01:01:51 AM 445 Views
Certain people think differently than other people. - 02/08/2016 12:57:55 AM 566 Views
I hate them both but t some point I have to ask if I am willing to have Hillary in office - 03/08/2016 05:05:10 PM 547 Views
If this is too personal tell me to stop - 04/08/2016 02:56:34 AM 534 Views
Trump has nothing to go on but the idiocy of his opponents. - 02/08/2016 11:41:13 AM 556 Views
The media's role in this has become disgusting - 03/08/2016 04:38:24 PM 540 Views
It's been disgusting and partisan for over fifty years now. - 03/08/2016 11:35:43 PM 562 Views
I am sorry RT but yes it does allow you to do that - 04/08/2016 02:00:40 AM 512 Views
No nothing gives you that to attack others with no chance for them to respond - 07/08/2016 09:06:36 PM 515 Views
Random Thoughts, you need to read the speech that got Donald Trump so hot boiled - 09/08/2016 08:32:23 AM 522 Views
Sorry but that all boils down to who you agree with - 09/08/2016 12:06:32 PM 503 Views
Trump really tanking in the polls, I think he's going to drop out - 04/08/2016 06:15:30 PM 535 Views

Reply to Message