Active Users:220 Time:28/03/2024 09:11:48 PM
It Can't Be Easy Being a Geeks Girl. Joel Send a noteboard - 26/01/2010 08:39:59 AM
As this bonus comic from Darths&Droids illustrates well. For the Geek Girl, or at least The Girl With Geek Tendencies it's certainly easier; she gets the genre jokes, the references to often obscure films, games and books, and can appreciate the superior satisfaction of rolling a natural 20 against the DMs End Boss. If you're a REALLY lucky guy she can even calculate the odds of doing so at that particular moment instead of against some caravan guard back when you were 2nd level, maybe even help you minmax both your characters so they frag anything short of a demigod in one hit (the downside is a couple I knew in a campaign who decided their characters should have a child; I think it destroyed their RL relationship in the end. ) But, let's face it, the odds of any given Geek Guy finding the Geek Girl of his dreams are about the same as rolling that natural 20, on a good day: Men invariably outnumber women at almost any Con short of Hello Kitty. Sometimes a princess will bless you far beyond what you deserve (eat your hearts out, boys. :|) But don't count on it; even if you find one, there's usually a long line waiting for the hint of a chance.

Yet even for those less blessed than I, there are women out there who aren't geeks but still Love them, not for their earning power or facility with computers and/or home appliances, but for themselves. If you've found one of these, savor your Non-Geek Girl, treasure her and don't push your luck. She's a rare bird, if you'll pardon the phrase, and unless you look like Brad Pitt (and your bank account looks like his) you quite simply can't afford to lose her. Actually, if you've found the right girl that's true anyway; being a geek just drives home the point. It's a different but, I believe, still quite gratifying thing to find a sweet, smart, funny, beautiful girl who's not too young/old, is single AND can handle your preoccupation with things that bore her even in the uncommon cases where she understands them. They are out there, my fellow Geek Guys (or Geek Girls as the case may be; English has been accused of sexism, but obviously you may [insert appropriate gender here] in the above statements. ) I still believe there's a Left for every Right, so keep your eyes open and when you find her, treat her right (again, good advice whether or not she's a geek. ) Because there's a short list of women who can handle stuff like this on a regular basis (don't go to the well too often) :
Honorbound and honored to be Bonded to Mahtaliel Sedai
Last First in wotmania Chat
Slightly better than chocolate.

Love still can't be coerced.
Please Don't Eat the Newbies!

LoL. Be well, RAFOlk.
I Just Beat Super Mario Yet Again; What's For Dinner, Babe?
Reply to message
It Can't Be Easy Being a Geeks Girl. - 26/01/2010 08:39:59 AM 84023 Views
Yes, I have a feeling you don't make it that way. - 26/01/2010 09:15:49 AM 8550 Views
Whoa, now, I'm not trying to objectify or degrade anyone here. - 26/01/2010 09:30:53 AM 714 Views
I know, but you do - 26/01/2010 09:37:34 AM 584 Views
Not anymore, I believe. - 26/01/2010 09:56:24 AM 576 Views
tbh - 26/01/2010 11:07:21 AM 686 Views

Reply to Message