Active Users:246 Time:28/03/2024 09:52:04 PM
I've missed you, Literate Moondog Cannoli Send a noteboard - 24/01/2017 12:04:17 PM

Other than that, can't complain. Ironic that RAFO is shutting down at the same time: In wotmanias final days, if anyone had told me every conservative in the US would be singing the praises of JULIAN ASSANGE in 8 years time, I would have said they were delusional.

Who actually is doing this? Accepting the services one provides does not equate to unilateral support or praise. This is typical of the hysterical mob mentality of the left,
Then again, if anyone had told me when I was a kid that US conservatives would someday be worshiping at the altar of a KGB officer, I would have said the same.

Again with the hyperbole and self-contradictions. According to the left, the GOP under Trump is both embracing isolationism AND "worshipping at the altar" of a foreign leader. In Joel's mind there is no difference between outright worship, and not wanting to fight a war over which slavic dialect is spoken by the kleptocrats who rule former portions of the Czar's old realm. Worshipping at the altars of Soviet leaders, who actually deployed the KGB was something the left had NO problem with, when they spoke of their intention to convert us by force to their own totalitarian political system, and had thousands of nuclear weapons pointed at us. Now that they aren't doing that, but are openly doing a fraction of what went on all the time in the beloved USSR, suddenly petulant derision of one of the most powerful world leaders is not only in fashion, but a required auto da fe, for which you are condemned if you lack sufficient zeal.
Politics makes strange bedfellows indeed, because apparently a great many "conservatives" will eagerly sign on with even the Soviets just for the sake of screwing the Democrats.

The Russians are not the Soviets. In point of fact, they were the primary VICTIMS of the Soviets! How many Americans died in the gulags? How many Americans were shot in the basement of the NKVD headquarters? How many Americans were subjected to Stalinesque show trials? Most of those people were Russians. In Joel-history though, anyone who disliked the idea of shedding blood in defense of the Soviet Union or giving them more guns to use on their own people and butter to grease the treads of T-34s, was NO DIFFERENT from a swastika-embracing hard-core Nazi, so it is not surprising that he is still drawing these absurd lines of comparison. Asking whether or not subscribers to Soviet-subsidized publications and members of Soviet-controled organizations should be working in important positions in the national security apparatus was a dark night of tyranny and fascism in America, but pointing out information being publicaly disseminated about the nominee of the party for whcih 90% of American journalists admit to voting, because it was obtained by computer users who were probably not even born when the Soviet Union fell, is the WORST SORT of treason. Russia is not our enemy. Russia has never been our enemy, and was frequently our co-belligerent. The fact that it was once occupied by a primary enemy of the United States does not change that fact, especially because we never fought a war against the power that occupied Russia, either. By Joel's mentality, France is, or should be, our lifelong enemy, because they too, were occupied by a hostile power with a dispicable ideology.

In Joel's mind, acceptable actions are subverting officials of another nation's national security and foreign policy apparatus. Unthinkable acts of interference and sabotage include writing articles in which you state economic policies of which Joel disapproves! Because that is nothing less than a deliberate attempt to crash the economy the country for whom you are making those suggestions! Publishing the subversive actions of public servants, and the conspiracies to force an unethical self-serving termagant on a party, not because she's the actual choice of the party, but because it's her "turn" and she is owed favors, is unconscionable foreign interference, and renders elections illegitimate. But asking if someone's demonstrated sympathies and allegiances with an evil form of government might not translate into a conflict of interests in the performance of their government office is the height of evil.

Anything and everything Russia does is wrong, bad and illegitimate, and their open preference for the candidate who does not favor war with their country over one who does, should obviate the American election...because the guy in charge USED TO SPY ON EAST GERMANY! Eastern Germany is pretty much the homeland of every evil in the 20th Century. The country was settled and founded by a crusading order Germanic conquistadors, was generally ruled by Prussia, the nation that all but invented insane militarism and which Napoleon snarked was hatched out of a cannonball. It was the heartland of the German Empire and the capital region of the Third Reich. It was in Eastern Germany that the decision was made to invade Belgium, setting off a chain reaction of events that resulted in two World Wars, a Great Depression and the Holocaust. It was in Eastern Germany that the decision was made to inflict Lenin on the Russian people. East Germany was at the forefront of Olympic cheating scandals and the development of the surveillance state. Hell, it was the birthplace of Angela Merkel! Keeping an eye on East Germany is pretty much a basic necessity for the protection civilization, but Joel seems to equate it with child rape. Hahaha, just kidding. Child rape isn't that bad, and defending it is a noble and heroic action, even if it requires smearing the reputation of a child to earn that paycheck! Joel SUPPORTS those who defend child rapists, villifies the political opponent of said defender, and condemns those who defend the notion of not launching a fanatical crusade for the destruction of a man who used to spy on East Germany.

In the end, what we have learned—what they have revealed—is that they were always fine with gulags, genocide, murdering journalists and protesters in the streets and invading armies driving tanks over neighboring sovereign states:

That stuff is not going on anywhere near what it did when the left was lining up to sing the perpetrators' praises, and give each other medals for making us see the Soviets as people. Which was the praise Hillary Clinton's husband gave to lifelong liberal Democrat and segregationist at a ceremony honoring said Soviet-sympathizer. Being fine with invading armies driving tanks over neighboring sovereign states is explicitly set forth in the Monroe Doctrine as US policy. And they were talking about REAL countries, not failed third-world states that were invented in 1919 and resurrected in the 1990s, along arbitrary borders imposed in the interim by SOVIET administrators.
Publicly owned industries were the only "tyranny" the right really ever minded.
Yep. No one is trying to do any of the other stuff in the US, and the behavior of reporters and minority groups subsequent to the election, as well as the operations of a certain neighboring sovereign state makes them all seem somewhat attractive at this point.
We are about to all get a harsh reminder that, contrary to revisionist history, the "merger of state and corporate power" is in no sense "leftist."

Because that was not a thing that happened under Obama, or Clinton, or Roosevelt? Because Donald Trump is a conservative? He's a conservative in the sense that Leon Trotsky was...despised by some on the left, and thus labeled a right-winger.
Lucky we are part of the religious, ethnic and sexual majority, huh? Oh... well, enjoy the bed you made for all us to lie in then.
Yep! And the bed was made because and your ilk have long since exhausted your credibility as well as your capacity for objectivity or rationality, or making coherent arguments. You've inured everyone to your social justice hysterics, and when faced with a candidate who simply did not care what you called him, were unable to make a cogent case against him. Conservatives and libertarians are not enjoying Trump's win, but we are positively reveling in every complaint, cry of anguish and tear shed by sanctimonious entitled left wingers.
Cannoli
“Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” GK Chesteron
Inde muagdhe Aes Sedai misain ye!
Deus Vult!
*MySmiley*
Reply to message
Trump's Policies, or What that crazy mo'fo' gon' do next?!? - 19/01/2017 11:14:31 PM 868 Views
Interesting, but I dunno. Haven't heard from him anything I didn't like - 19/01/2017 11:38:18 PM 449 Views
Hmm, what I am fearful of? Not much..... - 20/01/2017 02:50:00 AM 461 Views
Republicans warned for 70 years a Soviet fifth column was destroying the US: Turns out they were it - 20/01/2017 02:23:06 PM 489 Views
I've missed you, Literate Moondog - 24/01/2017 12:04:17 PM 458 Views
Et tu quoque, Cannoli? - 27/02/2017 09:31:59 PM 399 Views
Sessions concerns me greatly. - 20/01/2017 08:06:35 PM 436 Views
What scares is is I really have no idea what he will do. *NM* - 20/01/2017 09:17:43 PM 278 Views
But isn't that fun and exciting! *NM* - 21/01/2017 01:54:31 AM 307 Views
that is funa n exciting in Star War movie, not so much with the leader of the free world - 23/01/2017 01:18:06 PM 469 Views
So what? - 24/01/2017 01:58:34 PM 572 Views
He's a cypher - 21/01/2017 01:42:53 AM 464 Views
Fear is a tricky thing...isn't it. - 24/01/2017 05:54:52 PM 440 Views
Yeah, liberals claim to be in constant fear, while commiting all the fearsome acts! - 24/01/2017 09:31:11 PM 476 Views
Calm your liver..... - 25/01/2017 08:56:29 PM 413 Views
Why don't you calm down and stop arguing against positions I have never taken? - 27/01/2017 09:38:53 PM 518 Views
? - 30/01/2017 10:35:00 PM 482 Views
Re: ? - 07/02/2017 03:31:58 AM 514 Views
Trump is rocking it with the exec orders! - 25/01/2017 04:05:10 AM 444 Views

Reply to Message